2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Kenner bay boat. The Cooler is in bad shape. The seat is starting to crack. The seat back is good.
Front seats are starting to crack. Seems I will need some work.
Any idea of a place which will replace custom cushions.
The cooler seat fits a 15 1/2" wide x 32 3/4" a chest. I checked Igloo and sizes seem off.
Checked Yeti and the 75 will fit and you can get a cushion for $136 but the cooler is like $499
That is expensive and not my first option. Maybe 3 home depot 5gal buckets will work :)
Anyone gone done this road? Advice?
I do need to check more coolers and sizes.

·
Registered
Grem's Guide Service
11,310 Posts
Go to a custom upholstery shop. They make much much better cushions. Better cushion material and better stitching and better attachment to the cooler.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,573 Posts
I have a 2005 Kenner bay boat. The Cooler is in bad shape. The seat is starting to crack. The seat back is good.
Front seats are starting to crack. Seems I will need some work.
Any idea of a place which will replace custom cushions.
The cooler seat fits a 15 1/2" wide x 32 3/4" a chest. I checked Igloo and sizes seem off.
Checked Yeti and the 75 will fit and you can get a cushion for $136 but the cooler is like $499
That is expensive and not my first option. Maybe 3 home depot 5gal buckets will work :)
Anyone gone done this road? Advice?
I do need to check more coolers and sizes.
Transport Boats in Palacios has an in house upholstery shop and their prices are good. Might check with them.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
Seems I need to go in that direction. On cooler size to fit the seat, I guess I just keep checking sizes for which one fits.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks nice.
Another question, some genius decided to put boat carpet inside my front compartments on each side. Factory
Any idea how to remove it? It gets wet when you wash the boat and hard to dry.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Five Star in League City, tell Mike the owner, Mike with Aamco sent you, he's a close personal friend, currently fighting cancer as he builds his dream home. exceptional work and customer service 2nd to none. Mike spends his every waking moment in his business, everything leaves with a custom shine on it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great! Thanks for the info.
Pretty much decided to keep the boat. It runs dry and great to fish in.
Worst Case, New Trailer and New Power at some point.
Trailer first.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Five Star in League City, tell Mike the owner, Mike with Aamco sent you, he's a close personal friend, currently fighting cancer as he builds his dream home. exceptional work and customer service 2nd to none. Mike spends his every waking moment in his business, everything leaves with a custom shine on it.
I did exactly this to a "T" (name dropped and everything) and haven't looked back! I chatted with Mike on a couple occasions during the process. He even told me about his dream home property progress as CHook mentioned. Mikes son helped me decide the color scheme and guided the design as well. They do excellent work and, unless you just want it to look box store, it will definitely will look custom!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Lafitte23 glad you went to see him and he was able to meet your needs. There are some places you can't go wrong, this is one of them, very personalized. He's grooming his son to take over the business. He'll have my boat within the next week or two, and my new custom Bimini from Can Do, around the corner from Mike should be done this week. My current one is dry rotting and had a couple leaks last time it rained. The annual League City Christmas parade comes down main street with the fire trucks etc., great deal for the kids, Mike has a Christmas party that night every year, lots of good people and fun.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Or, you could buy the material and do it yourself. It's not difficult.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts