2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Bluewave that has the carpet on the front and rear decks as well as the sides. The sun and weather, as well as fuel spillage, has taken it's toll over the years. The carpet in the rear has been total removed due to its poor shape and the area just painted with grey primer. The carpet on the front is worn in several areas and is tearing at the edges.

I would like to have the carpet:

a) totally removed and all areas re-coated with proper material and have the floor re-coated to give it some texture (grip)

b) replaced on the front only and have the back and floor re-coated

I would also like to have a larger access cut out in the rear of the boat to make accessing the bilge and live well pumps easier. Whoever designed access these through a 6" hole under the rear deck was smoking crack.

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Too bad your not in Houston ,,,Adrian on the forum is da bomb on Glasswork..

Oxx..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the price it right, it can be trailered without a problem. It might be easier / cheaper to due that than get it done here.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I just ripped out the carpet on my Bluewave and used the Durabak non skid coating and it is great so far--only had it on for 3 months.

http://www.nonslipcoating.com/faq.htm

Just used a nylon brush/stripper wheel attached to a drill/cleaned up the surface and rolled on the Durabak--took maybe 6 hours for the whole job.

Not sure about expanding the hole that is too dang small!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can I contact Adrian. I am looking at soething to break up the color, more of a speckled look than a solid color.

·
Eric Garcia, Premier-Yamaha San Antonio
1,141 Posts
Call Jim Gear, 545 7455 here in san antonio----tell him Eric sent ya. He can re-gelcoat and shoot the spiderwebbing on the deck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts