2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used the new public boat ramp in surfside that I just heard about.

I heard it was nice with plenty of parking, not sure if it will handle the larger boats from 30 to 36', I am thinking about departing freeport sometimes if I can find a decent boat ramp.

I talked to the people at the new dry storage facility on east side of bridge but they are a little pricey for me. $10.00 per foot/$330.00 for my boat.
fuel is $2.09 per gallon

Bridge Bait & Tackle would work if the tides not to low.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Do not know much about any new ramp but welcome to Bridge Bait Hell! Actaully, I must say, that it has gotten somewhat better since everyone here has vented about it on a previous post. At low tide, I have a tough time getting mine out. In fact, it scrapes pretty good. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy a fe more brews. A lot of folks use beach bait's facilties too. i think both of them have their pros and cons but its all we have for now.

I passed on Mike's storage fees too. Just seems a little steep.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
I don't know about a new ramp but rather than use Bridge Bait I used the on at the park over by Capt. Elliots. It is a little longer boat ride but beats the hassle of Bridge Bait.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
There is a decent looking - from the ICW - set of ramps about a mile or two towards Galveston after you cross the bridge into Surfside. Its right off the ICW. Don't know anything about but I thought of you guys when a rolled by a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Was Told There Is A New Public Boat Ramp On The Intercoastal Canal Around Two Or Three Miles East Of The Surfside Community On The Road That Goes To San Louis Pass.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
It ain't new, and it ain't paved. Kevin we have launched 36 contenders and 36 yellowfins at the Freeport Municipal ramp by Capt Elliott's, no problem. Just make sure to use the north ramp, its the deep one.

·
Carl Clark's Army
324 Posts
Bridge Bait may be crowded some times, but they always have what I need, right on the I C W. Maybe when we come off the water, we get in too much of a hurry. Relax , allow more time to load up, grab a beer , a score card , and now a burger and fries, or burrito in the morning,.and watch to show . Pat

·
Old ******
4,527 Posts
I'm with you Chula Vista. Maybe it's my tender old age showing but I think some of the offshore folks just get in too big a hurry when they use the facilities on the coast. To my way of thinking, that is the time to slow down a bit, relax, and let time have an index finger. Even during the SKA and TKA tournaments I try not to get in a rush. Often I find that I remember something I need, or something that needs attention, as I watch the others load or unload. Too many people carry their job mentality to the water. Sort of defeats the reason for going.

If the boat is a six-pack charter vessel they have even more reason to take it easy. The poor folks that intend to get on that boat do not need to witness their skipper getting angry at every little thing. It does not instill confidence or display the patience that a good skipper should have.

Bridge Bait works just fine for my needs and the people are friendly, accomodating and have often gone out of their way to assist me.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Marina

When are they going to open a full service marina in Freeport? One with ramp, ice, fuel, bait, and food??
Does Bridge Harbour have a ramp?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
No ramp at Bridge Harbor. Let's revisit McGolfers idea oa a WaHooters.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the new marina in Freeport has been delayed due to litigation over whether the City has the right to condem land to build it. I think this was resolved in the City's favor at the 5th Circuit, so it may be moving forward after all.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If someone is down in surfside this weekend take a couple minutes and go 2-4 miles east of surfside (towards Galveston) and look for the public boat ramp sign and go take a look.

it was a local that informed me of this unknown ramp.
Let us know what you find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts