2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say I bought a very expensive and very fast bay boat a year ago and now the company that builds them has gone belly up. Can I kiss all my warranty work goodbye? If something need fixing then what? I guess now the boat is pretty much worthless? Just not sure what to do with this thing.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
hate it for ya

Man, that stinks. I've seen that happen to several companies too many times, they come along offering "lifetime warranties" (who's lifetime? Mine or yours?) or 10 year warranties and then go out of business. Sad thing is there really isn't anything you can do about it. Sometimes the boat builder will try to open up another company, and you can try to make them liable then. Otherwise, just try to get the best deal on repair work you can. You might go to another boat company to get the work done and explain the situation and they might take it easy on you. I know we generally give a little discount when we repair Shallow Runners.

I think that might be one reason people don't mind paying a little bit more for Shallow Sports, we've been in business for 25 years so you know we aren't going anywhere.

If and when you do need work done, just post up on here and we'll all help you find a good place to do it.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
That sucks about the warranty, but hopefully if you can afford a boat like that, you can afford to have it worked on if needed.

It's not worthless. Most people who buy something like that know that it may require additional cost when something goes wrong. As long as it's a well built boat, it's just a matter of finding the right buyer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts