2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old Guys Rule (When we're up to it)
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on using Poly Glow for a protective shine on my bay boat. My question is do I use the Poly Glow on the bottom boat pad? I have heard that the boat pad (or the part of the boat that is in the water on fast plane) does not need the gloss but rather stay gloss free to create a better water agitation for easier faster plane. I heard this from a bass boat guy that has a boat that is very fast. Does this sound correct or go ahead and polish it out?
Also what non skid wax/surface is best for my spackled deck flooring? Aluminum, outboars and vinyl protectant?
Thanks a bunch guys.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wax

Go ahead and polish it. I have a 99 model boat so the factory gloss/shine had worn off and vitually every time I took it out I would get a severe scum line. The wax took care of that.

I heard the same thing regarding speed and the hydrodynamics of the hull but speed is really of no concern to me and there has been no effect on top end speed or hole shot.

·
Registered
467 Posts
While true that a glossy surface slows you down a bit there is minimal difference in speed, go ahead and protect your hull from staining with a good wax unless you are into racing where 1/10 of a mph makes a difference.

·
Kamikaze
4,546 Posts
Speed!

Calcasieu Cracker said:
While true that a glossy surface slows you down a bit there is minimal difference in speed, go ahead and protect your hull from staining with a good wax unless you are into racing where 1/10 of a mph makes a difference.
To a snail, that is a huge difference!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts