2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I'm almost sure someone has something to hide in this story. I went with a friend to the Galv jetties at night one time, in his boat. The water was rough and he only had one arm. That boat was bouncing around like crazy. I had my hand behind his waist in case he started going over the side. I enjoyed fishing with him but I never went to the jetties with him again.

·
No fish in West Bay
5,620 Posts
Except the tides have been pretty low. No where near high enough to float that boat on top of that jetty...
The jetties don't sit that high out of the water at normal tides. The tides have been falling out in the late afternoons but actual water levels have been normal to a little high. Add some wave action and you can easily get on top of the rocks.

I'm not saying I know the truth of what happened but every time someone posts a pic of a boat on the rocks, way up on the sand, or what ever accident, people automatically say that they are idiots, bet they were all liquored up, or more dollars than common sense or some other lame court of public opinion comment. It is easy to be a good captain from the computer keyboard. Y'all have the day you deserve...

·
Banned
3,648 Posts
The jetties don't sit that high out of the water at normal tides. The tides have been falling out in the late afternoons but actual water levels have been normal to a little high. Add some wave action and you can easily get on top of the rocks.

I'm not saying I know the truth of what happened but every time someone posts a pic of a boat on the rocks, way up on the sand, or what ever accident, people automatically say that they are idiots, bet they were all liquored up, or more dollars than common sense or some other lame court of public opinion comment. It is easy to be a good captain from the computer keyboard. Y'all have the day you deserve...
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I never called anyone an idiot. But you can look at that boat and clearly see it hit the jetty at a high speed. The Console has been completely ripped off, the prop as well as the lower unit looks destroyed.

The tides have been low with the SouthWest wind. No way no how a boat that size got on top of the jetty in these tides without traveling at a high rate of speed.

I wish evil on no one. Nor do I take pleasure in the misfortune of another person. But I fail to believe that the damage to that boat occurred after the anchor line broke while fishing. Sorry but I have to call them like I see them.

If you look at the original posters picture of that boat the stern is sitting a good 4' above the water. For it to float on top of the jetty we would need tides a minimum of 3' to 4' higher than they are in the pic.

No way, no how.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Those jetties are poorly marked, I could easily see how someone could get into trouble not paying attention , especially at night. So I give them the benefit of the doubt.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts