2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought that anybody out on the water at night was supposed to have lights on their boat, has this changed? It seems that most everyone on the water in the canals after 11:00 p.m. dont have lights. Is this a change to the law?

sb:?

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
SB,
I see that all the time in the canals. Some of those people are just stupid, and probably don't even have lights on their jon boats and kayaks, and some might be up to no good.
There have been several thefts of Rods, props and other items from under peoples houses in the last week or so.

·
non-politically correct
7,305 Posts
Other than the folks up to no good, those without lights must have a death wish.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Its the bardges here that will get you at night. None of them have any kind of lights and they are all dark colored. They come loose and sit crossways in the ICW and you can't see them till you are right on top of them. I have almost hit them a couple of times.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The barges dont have lights on them? That sounds unreal, I would think the CG would hop on that boat in a heart beat. I was just thinking about getting the numbers off the boats I could here and have someone give them a reminder. I dont exactly know what to tell the kayakers except "hey did you know you are supposed to have a light on your boat?" The jet skiers are currently a bit afraid of me, I tend to loose my cool with them and have called the police especially when they get mouthy.

And Kenny, I didnt know that we were having a rash of theft, good thing to have a heads up on, thank you.

sb:>

·
Registered
332 Posts
I can tell the kayakers one thing.YOU NEED LIGHTS. I almost learned the hard way. Was fishing around the causeway during the early morning (to early) and almost got bred by a Redfin. Now I got LIGHTS

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cowhw, you are smart, now spread the word. What kinda rig you have, could have been a pretty mix, a redfin and a ????.

Just funnin' with ya, glad it turned out okay, and really that's what worries me, someone getting run over and it being a terrible thing to have happen, just because one doesnt have a light on their rig.

sb:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Fish&Dive from Cobra.I guess it would be fish with a nasty bite. Anyway lights arn't that much trouble. Happy sleigh rides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts