2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I beleive this is a floresent green light. I have two which work OK as this was the best back in the day (5 years ago). I just ordered 4 single green led lights from coastalnightlights.com. Yes, I know $400, but I can rig them up portable with 2 on the transom of my jon boat or hydrasport and use the other two under the bow. This will give me some decent floundering lights under the bow of the john and will give me lights in two directions on the big boat.

I did a lot of checking and for me it is the way to go.

Should have them this week.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,403 Posts
I couldnt find a picture of it Jimmy. I had a 4 footer that I paid 189 for from David's Tackle Box, well made, weighted on both end's, long leads. I took it on out on our Tuna trip and never pulled it out of the front compartment. Well the pounding in the front shattered the bulb or something inside, lol. Mine was a Hardeylite. I guess there outta business, tried their link and it wouldnt work.

Heres a nice 4 footer for 200, looks like Daniel uses it.

http://www.hydroglow.com/index.html

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I couldnt find a picture of it Jimmy. I had a 4 footer that I paid 189 for from David's Tackle Box, well made, weighted on both end's, long leads. I took it on out on our Tuna trip and never pulled it out of the front compartment. Well the pounding in the front shattered the bulb or something inside, lol. Mine was a Hardeylite. I guess there outta business, tried their link and it wouldnt work.

Heres a nice 4 footer for 200, looks like Daniel uses it.

http://www.hydroglow.com/index.html

I have the exact same one :brew:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I built 4 last summer. 4' green florescent green light inside clear pvc pipe. Using an inverter ballast run by a 12 volt battery. I had bought one 10 years ago from BoatStuff, it was built by "Fishermans Greenlight" in Pearland. They sell for around $180.00 on line from other sellers. They do work if conditions are favorable. I feel like they work better than stage lights ran by generators. I put one on each side of my boat underwater a foot or so. The link listed has way to much BS for my taste. Kind of like a radio car commercial where some dude screams at you. Way too much over sell.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
I have both a greenlight (homemade) and a 1K watt stage lite, my boat had a gen-set so I ran the stage light one nite at Stetson, in a few minutes we had Flyiers running into boat with Cuddas rite behind, huge schools of Chub under the boat, this went on nonstop all nite. We actually had the flying fish come in the boat a cpl of times, had several that knocked their selves out on the side but before I could get them the Cuddas made short work of them, I did catch a cpl of Cuddas on a Tuna Popper. I was gonna put the greenlite out also but saw no need, I have never seen the water so blue with the 1K lite on it...WW

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
Does it come with a case of SHAM WOWS ??

Sword lites are about the toughest we have used.
To freekin funny. You took the words out of my mouth.

After reading that B.S. maybe we should call Carl Sagon since, it sounds like those necks some how discovered another whole new dimension of light wave lenght that is like some sort of spanish fly for all fish. They probably have flying saucers landing behind there trailer park on a regular basis too.

www.swordlights.com or just call Tek at reel pro shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts