2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.centexpressurewashing .com
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change insurance company's. Not satisfied with Formost Insurance. I need some suggestions.

Thanks

Mike T

·
H3 Titanium the ultimate in rod design.
646 Posts
Elton Porter Marine Insurance.

Talk to Dennis Onstott at (281)326-2622.

Ranger Bob

Team Ranger Bob proudly supports these fine sponsors.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey Centex what about Foremost are you not satisfied with. I just got another year policy with them. Did you have a claim and they weren't very responsive or is it just too high? Just wondering in case I have to use my ins.

·
www.centexpressurewashing .com
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info. I did go to Progressive online and plugged in for a quote. Im in central tx so I would like to get an agent around here. Havent made any decision yet, have until the end of the month.

As far as Formost goes. Had a claim. Said they would cover. Had the work authorized to go ahead. Then they waffled and said they wouldnt cover. That would have been okay, If they would only communicate with me. Adjuster wouldnt return calls and when I finally got ahold of him it was . " I sent you a letter didnt you get it? " Yeah I got it, It was postmarked the next day after I takled to him. Their customer service is less than zero, and their attitude was poor. Adjuster spoke to me like I was an idiot. What ended up costing me $2800.00 could have be resolver for $800.00 - 1000.00. They wouldnt even meet me halfway on the cost. After admitting poor communication and poor service. Said the adjuster was repremanded , whoopee. That made me feel so much better. Anyway I have a boat , 5 vehicles( all full cover ) and a Homeowners policy. But now ALL my business goes elseware. I literally spend thousands a year with this company . And if they would have meet me halfway I would have been happy. Ive been with them over 15 years. Isnt customer loyalty, past and future business worth anything? Oh btw Formost is part of Texas Farmers. I love their motto " gets you back where you are suppose to be" Yeah right. Also havent had a claim in 3 - 4 years.

Sorry about the rant.

Okay Okay ....... breath ...........

Mike T

·
Member and Parrothead
67 Posts
Anchor Marine gets another vote

Chalk up another satisfied customer with Anchor.

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
CenTX,

Sorry to hear about the crappy service. I work for Allstate in Austin and I can work up some quotes for you if you'd like. Progressive usually has a better rate on boat insurance but I don't think they do home insurance and we might can save you some money by doing your home and auto. Our service might be worth a few more dollars on the boat insurance. You can e-mail me any questions you might have. Thanks.

[email protected]

·
Banned
163 Posts
Anchor is good

I used Anchor and was very satisfied with it. I substained some fiberglass :shamrock: damage and they didn't even send an adjuster out, they just said to get a estimate from the fiberglass repair shop. I faxed it in and they sent me a check.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a friend that had his travel trailer insured through foremost. During a storm last year it had two trees go through it. Foremost did not want to do anything about it. The trailer is sitting in his yard with no repairs done waiting on court for over a year now. Now farmers has changed my boat policy to foremost. I just sent a quote form to Anchor Marine to try to get away from Foremost.

·
Dawn Patrol
177 Posts
Number?

I need new insurance on my boat also.. Looks like Anchor Marine gets all the good reviews. can someone post a number for them? thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts