2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever boat camped on the Texas Gulf Coast, on an island or ashore? Curious of the feasibility and any concerns or tips. Thanks ...

·
Registered
489 Posts
We used to fish the full moon a lot in poc and would bring an overnight bag, if it was windy wed crash on land but mostly on the boat. Good times, def bring a good windbreaker, even in the summer it gets chilly at night with that wind blowin. Go have a good time, i cant really think of concerns other than tryin to run a boat at night.

·
Registered
330 Posts
we used to do it all the time growing up on the coast..
some great memories

I have wanted to do it the last few years but my fishing partner (brother) is too lazy to "mess with it"

when we lived in Rockport when I was in high school me and my buddies would go for days at a time and come back to the house as needed.. we went skiing, fishing, rode dirt bikes, had guns, etc.. good times!

in elementary school Boy Scouts we would get dropped off on an island in the back bay of Corpus on a Friday afternoon and get picked up Sunday afternoon.. no adults.. modern day GIRL scouts would have a heart attack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts