2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal. I was going to build a permanent blind in east Matty but decided to outfit the duck boat to be mobile. I have a custom 20 foot flat bottom that I built with a 90 fourstroke yammie. What do you suggest as far as what materials to build the framework out of? I am an expert aluminum welder (as well as steel). I kind of wanted something that I can put together when I get out there. What about pvc, is it durable enough? The boat already has a permanent railing that I welded in but its not tall enough and I am looking for something to suppliment it. Do you think I should build out a kick butt boat blind or a permanent blind in the bay??

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
If you can weld aluminum then build a fastgrass type blind and use 1" aluminum conduit. You can get the fishnet backing from EBay and order Quack Grass or Fastgrass. If you need a couple of pics of how the frame mounts to the deck PM me your email address and I will get them out. The first blind I purchased was the Fastgrass blind from MudBuddy and it was such a simple design that I built the rest of them for about half the cost. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts