2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the *** board? I've seen two mentions of it lately due to some dumb*ss posting racists fishing reports on the board. Any help here?
BTW...somebody PLEASE boot that guy off here!

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,983 Posts
*** board

It used to be a great board http://www.***.org/saltfish/reports/TEXAS/index.html A bunch of guides would post on it as well and it was very helpful. Well....until the guides kept posting reports of great catches, and those that didnt catch squat kept calling B.S. because they didnt catch anything. All the reliable good reporters were run off the board and now it is a joke. It's a joke because you dont need a valid e-mail address to post. There are also a lot of imposters on there as well. This is the best board i've seen around.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
*** is not what it used to be. Brian is right on about the good reports from guides. Then all the trash started and the people who posted the reports bailed. Jerry did not and is not taking care of the board. People who start personal attacks need to be deep sixed! My opinion.

·
Registered
663 Posts
How funny reading this????

This board (TTMB) is a direct result of what you guys are complaining about on ***. About 5 years ago (Monty would know the exact date), the guys on *** were really bashing all the Texans because we were so close and really stood up for each other on ***. At some point, they kinda told all Texans to take a hike if we wanted to support each other. At that point, Monty took things into his own hands and created this site.

At first it was only a handfull of us! Monty, thanks for creating this site it certainly is a far cry from all the bickering on ***! I'll bet I haven't been back to *** more than 10 time since you created this board!

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,642 Posts
You are sorta right. At first there was just a saltwater section on *** (it is really a bass fishing board). Because the saltwater forum was mostly Texans and the east coasters did not like our banter on "their" board, Gerry broke the saltwater down into separate states. The only state forum that had any traffic was the Texas one. It was actually pretty civil, and a fun forum for a while. Then it got to be flame wars and name callling 90% of the time, so this board was started.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I know I found this board from that one and will not go back. Bunch of jack a$$es over there. They ripped me for putting a post on there seeing if someone wanted to trade a fully guided deer hunt for a fishing trip. I have done that several times over here and had nothing but support. I love you guys and will never go anywhere else.

·
Registered
101 Posts
IM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU dbar6488 THATS HOW I FOUND THIS BOARD AND I ENJOY IT EVERYDAY THANKS MONT AND TO EVERYONE ELSE.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
It was Shaddy and all his alias name that did it. But hey what about Quick Silver. LOL Now that was some ship in that basement. The only place you could see a drake Mallard laying an egg.BBBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! right Ducky

·
12,607 Posts
She Dog Knight said:
The above type reply is very typical of what the *** Board has turned into. You instantly want to click off and go somewhere more "adult".
Sorry you feel that way, guess you haven't been around long enough to undertand. Have a nice day

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i post on both boards and have just learned to blow of the bull and search for the things i wish to read. the *** site has several very knowledgeable boatiing and electronics people that post great responces to questions...rick

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
waterspout said:
Sorry you feel that way, guess you haven't been around long enough to undertand. Have a nice day
lol......hey bud, why not explain to him, that there are really only four people thatr post on ***, under a zillion aliases?

or maybe that you know Slim-Shaddy, and were poking fun?

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
It's all good...the difference is that people here have met each other in person, whereas very few people on *** have met. What Darrell posted above was a joke between friends, whereas most of the **** on *** is blatant bashing.

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Shaddy,

Do I have to give you a history lesson about ***?? LOL Don't make me do that. You know it would hurt more feelings than one would expect. The *** board was a great source of fishing reports. Jerry made a chat board for the non fishing persons to talk in and it was all down hill from there on out. Well really it was down hill when he made it to where the non fishing people could respond to fishing reports. When all we were doing was posting reports the lurkers either had to make up a fake report or lurk. When he opened it up for them to talk it was over. I believe the only person I've seen on this thread that was there then was MCGolfer, Mike in Freindswood, and DannyMac. The rest of you were lurkers. Then of course it went South.

Bigwater

·
12,607 Posts
And here comes Artie'.........Hi Senator! LOL ,, Sweet Thang is looking for ya.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Pffffft... I am not that stealthy on the inet with one ip addr all the time, white knight. If I am Artie', then you are really The Trout Scout. LOL Sweet Thang can go eat a banana. :)

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
InfamousJ said:
Pffffft... I am not that stealthy on the inet with one ip addr all the time, white knight. If I am Artie', then you are really The Trout Scout. LOL Sweet Thang can go eat a banana. :)
I think she offered to oblige your banana, numerous times......but I'm not sure you'd want a marker bouy doing any of that?!?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts