2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4X4 Blynd with the 5' tower. I have heard that you can convert it to 4X8, has anyone ever done this, and if so what did it cost you? I have tried to look up info for this to no avail so I think what I heard was bogus...

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
we have a converted blynd over a wheat field outside of abilene. the wind literally buckled the interior support beam that was installed to bridge the two 4x4 shells together. i like the product as a 4x4, but in my experience its not quite sturdy enough when putting two 4x4 together to make a 4x8. and this was from the factory, not something we rigged ourselves. if its in a protected area my guess is you'd be fine

·
Registered
21 Posts
we converted one a couple of seasons ago.we did it in the field and it was no big deal,I think it took only an hour or so with two people and some cordless drills.The kit came with a roof 2 sides and a new floor and also the hardware.My father in law was a dealer for the blynd at the time so he got the kit and i'm not sure what the cost was.It made a big difference,now I can hunt with my little one and she doesent have to sit in my lap.Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts