2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much devastated. Wonder how long it could possible take to rebuild that? I heard a rumor it could take over a year and several million dollars. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
We've been down there all weekend helping out. There is some serious damage there. Plan on finally getting our pics up after work.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,378 Posts
will take more then a couple of million, and just the impact studies will take more then a year to get done. They may be able to put some rock down for temp use. But for a true fix it will take a long time, unless polticians push it through and get a bid package out fast.

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Maybe not too bad

These aerial images look pretty similar to the highway running down the Bolivar Peninsula. Looked like the highway had just washed away repeatedly in big chunks. But apparently (I drove the entire Bolivar highway from HI to PB Saturday) what looked like wash outs from the air were actually washed over. So they just graded off the sand and the road was still in tact and then they patched up some small number of spots on the highway. This is just ignorant comparison of course, but maybe (hopefully) the same thing happened on the BWH. Long range of course large portions of both highways will have to be re done, elevated, moved inland, etc.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
It looks like the beach or what was the beach would be the smoother route. WOW!!! Man fishing from there will be put on hold for a while. Access #5 is not accessible from these photos.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks like all the pilings are gone at the Boilers

·
Registered
373 Posts
Depending on how much hay I get cut this year I may have some left over bales of hay from last year that I would be willing to donate. Just let me know.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Blue water Hwy. is the only route South out of Galveston. Guess we'll be taking 2004 through Alta Loma instead.
I guess the toll bridge guys will need to find a new job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts