2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post where some guys kept some Blue Runners, I suppose to eat...

Has anyone ever tried to eat these things??? How are they????

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think he was talking about blue fish which are good to eat. We caught some from the surf in Destin last year. Not bad. They are different from blue runners/hardtails.

·
Bluewater Bum
1,075 Posts
I think he was keeping them alive for bait....tuna, ajs, kings, everything loves live hardtails.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I know a guy who brought in blue runners, cleaned 'em, and ate them. He claims they are as good as any other fish to eat. I've only used them as bait, but their meat looks like it would be a white meat so who knows.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I never ate one, but I've been told the bigger ones are good eating - I DID eat what was supposed to be rainbow runner once (didn't see the fish before it was cooked) and it was excellent. If I catch one of THOSE of decent size it's going in the box.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I tried blue runner once. We caught about a 5 pounder and figured what the hell. It was ok. I won't eat another one. On the other hand, Rainbow Runner is excellent.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
snapper

A little off the subject but I thought it was funny. I FISHED LAST WEEK AND LET THE REST OF PARTY KEEP THE TROUT AND REDS, ON THE WAY HOME STOPPED TO TALK TO A FRIEND WHO DEMANDED I TAKE A SNAPPER, I GUESS ABOUT 5 LBS. I FILLETED IT AND KEPT THE BONE SECTION IN ORDER TO HAVE ENOUGH. NO SURPRISE IT WAS GREAT. THEN SATURDAY I WENT TO CLEANING TABLES TO GET BAIT FOR CRAB TRAPS. THE BUCKETS WERE FULL OF SNAPPER BODIES, IT WAS ALL I COULD DO TO LEAVE THEM BEHIND KNOWING HOW GOOD THEY WOULD BE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts