2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Free to good home!!!

My friend found a Blue Heeler puppy (approx. 3 months old). She could not keep it so she gave it to her daughter & son inlaw . Her daughter and is NOT taking care of the poor little guy. She keeps him chained up to where he can get wrapped up and can't
move, without water and food half the time!!!:hairout:

My friend ends up having to go take care of him. So she is trying to find him another home with someone who WILL take care of him. He is absolutely adorable! And is the case with most puppies.....he is very energetic and playful. I would take him, but I already have 3 dogs and 3 cats.

If there is someone out there who could give the little guy a good home, (who preferably has a yard for him to run in) please post up, or PM me. I would post a picture, but I don't have one. However the attached photo, is a Blue Heeler puppie that looks very similar in colors and markings.

I will try to get a picture tonight.

Take it easy...........KC

Attachments

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are!

SkipJack said:
Heelers are great, I have one myself. Very good dogs
One of the dogs I already have is a blue heeler. She's the best dog, and mine loves the water! She wade fishes the surf with me. Of course she has to stay a little shallower when I go deeper, but she's there and waiting to help me with the fish when I come in....:wink: I would take this little guy myself, but I already have too many mouths to feed.

BTW, I bet that picture was taken on PINS...huh

I saw a picture in a post on the shark board, that had a blue heeler in it. It was nosing up to a shark on the sand! Was that yours?

Take it easy............KC

·
Registered
467 Posts
Some body adopt this dog! I already have an awesome blue heeler. They are highly intelligent, athletic, can be taught to do all kind of tricks and are very well behaved. Make him a part of your family and he will follow you to the end of the earth - extreme loyalty. If you work with this puppie it will be the coolest dog you've ever owned (unless maybe you already have a heeler)! I makes me sick to see a heeler chained up. Wish I could take him but I have two dogs already. Keep in mind heelrs are active dogs for active people but still love to chill out after a good day.

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
LOL.....hahaha yeah, thats mine, My dog is always trying to get a bite at a shark when I go fishing.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
If i didn't have baxter already i would take that dog. Blue healers are very good dogs. My uncle in mississippi has 5 what he uses to deer hunt and as family dogs.

Josh

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neverenough said:
If i didn't have baxter already i would take that dog. Blue healers are very good dogs. My uncle in mississippi has 5 what he uses to deer hunt and as family dogs.

Josh
Doesn't Baxter need a playmate????

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
If the playmate can pay its own vet bills and scoop poop then he sure does. I am asking a friend right now if they want it this dog will have a good home sooner then later.

Josh

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Neverenough said:
If the playmate can pay its own vet bills and scoop poop then he sure does. I am asking a friend right now if they want it this dog will have a good home sooner then later.

Josh
I know exactly what you mean. I have 3 already.

Thanks for passing the word on.

Take it easy..............KC

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Checking out somthings right now but I think I might be able to take him...................later,Dave

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blue Water Ho said:
Checking out somthings right now but I think I might be able to take him...................later,Dave
That would be great! Just let me know. I'm taking him in until I can find him a home. He's on his way over now. I'll get a picture snapped and attach it so you can see the real deal.

Thanks...........KC

·
Lower Keys ShallowSport Club Members: 1
2,188 Posts
I agree with Skipjack. My dog is half blue heeler and is the best dog I've ever owned. He minds, and is great around the baby. If any of you are considering adoption, don't hesitate.

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
One thing......Heelers need alot of attention. They are very active dogs and need time to play and train. Once that is done, they are the best dogs you will ever own. If you don't have at least an hour a day for the dog....I wouldn't recommend you take the puppy in.

·
Registered
185 Posts
might be interested

we have a rottweiler, a yellow lab, 4 cats, and 4 horses all on about 10 acres. any current ownwers ever have problems with their dogs and other animals. the reason i ask is, the only fence we have is keeping the horses in. all of our animals, as well as the neighboors, roam around free all day and i have heard that blue heelers are a little feisty and territorial. I could be wrong though.

i am headed down to jamaica beach this weekend with my wife do a little fishing, so if it works out i can meet you somewhere.

let me check with the rest of the fam and i will let you know tomorrow either way.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lemon said:
we have a rottweiler, a yellow lab, 4 cats, and 4 horses all on about 10 acres. any current ownwers ever have problems with their dogs and other animals. the reason i ask is, the only fence we have is keeping the horses in. all of our animals, as well as the neighboors, roam around free all day and i have heard that blue heelers are a little feisty and territorial. I could be wrong though.
Speaking for mine, she is a little on the territorial side. More so around other females. However, I have 2 females. They occasionally get in a spat, when my other girl forgets that she's NOT the boss! My other dog's half aussie/ half golden retriever.

My Blue Heeler is very partial to me, and would just as soon be an ONLY dog. She doesn't like to share my attention with my other animals. But she does so grudgingly! Now whether they are all like that, I couldn't say.

But it might be something to think about.

Take it easy.............KC

·
www.centexpressurewashing .com
1,447 Posts
We have a Lab, a Heeler/Border Collie Mix and had a Heeler. But she got lost when my son moved and got hit by a car. Sooo Sad. Sweet little female. But she was fiesty and territorial. Healed the neighbor lady who has 4 dogs and runs by our house every day. Dixie couldnt stand it and nipped the lady on the heal one morning in all the commotion. Cost me 50.00 fine and doctor visit. But thats another story. Now our little heeler Mix doesnt like the UPS man. Everytime he comes by she tries to sneak around and heal him. He said, I dont know what it is , Ive been bitten by 4 dogs this week. Maybe its him not the dogs. LOL But like Lemon said they can be fiesty.

Mike T

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update......I have a home for him! Oddly enough it's all the way in Seattle!

My Mom wants to get him for my Dad. He had to put his old heeler down a year or so ago, and now he's ready for another one.

My brother offered to pay to fly him up there. Anyone ever fly a dog before? Just wondering how they handled it. Think I'll see if the vet can give him some anxiety meds to calm him for it.

Thanks for the responses!............KC

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lemon said:
i was just about to say we will not be able to take him, so i'm glad you found a home for him.

later
Thanks anyways Lemon. I appreciate your consideration.

Take it easy............KC

1 - 20 of 22 Posts