2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I see pictures of your catches, espessially the tuna guys and there will be a pile of blood on the deck.. I have a washdown and get most off while its wet, but we end up with dried blood in the boat anyway.. How is the best way to get it off when it is dry??

·
Back in da Saddle
10,141 Posts
Blood removal

For starters you should have waxed your nonskid with Woodys Wax!!! NO it will not make it Slick!!!

But if it's dried ...Bleach will remove it and anystains left ...
Bar Keepers friend, Simple Green and Woosh (sp) but rinse quickly!!!

John

·
Registered
642 Posts
A lot of guys with steel hulls keep a bottle of Ospho on the boat to take care of rust. It works great cleaning up fiberglass too though. I imagine it would take the bloodstains off nicely.

·
Registered
147 Posts
When we get blood or squid juice on the boat we do a wash down everytime we move the boat from one spot to another and my shimano fishing glove with a rubber bottom will wipe most of it off....when we get back we use a stiff bristle hand brush for the hard to get stuff....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Normally we wash down pretty quick.Then a good wash after we get in. But, after I get it home I bleach it with special stuff I mix together alittle stronger than clorox and doesn't eat my decking up.

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
Where can I get Woody's Wax? What is its intended purspose?

thanks
a

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
A few blood stains are the marks of real fish being caught. Leave them as braggin spots, "that's that big tuna there and that's the Hoo that smoked the drags etc."

·
Registered
540 Posts
I make my own boat wash out of water, handsoap, white vinegar, amonia and baking soda. Takes blood and guts off no problem and won't yellow your gelcoat like bleach.

·
Well, I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy
2,044 Posts
Buy a small pressure washer. I use one to clean up my boat and it works awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts