2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
One day at a time!!
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to plan a blast and cast trip for some friends. Duck hunting in the morning and fishing in the afternoon. Can anyone recommend some guides to check out? We're thinking Matagorda, POC, Rockport, or maybe even Baffin or Port Mansfield. We're not too picky on location. Thanks.

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
be specific at what you want!

Airboats? puddlers or divers?
some people don't shoot divers

Artificial only? Bait?

Chris Martin is in poc/seadrift.

Aubrey is in baffin.

Both are excellent guides.
Have fun!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Im interested in this one too. Does anyone have there contact information or handle here on 2cool? Any other recomendations. I'm also looking for a good deer hunt for me and my buds/our dads. about 3 days. (sorry to hijack the thread)

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Give Capt. Danny Neu a call, he fishes and hunts the Port Mansfield area. 979-942-0165. You will kill birds.

·
11,766 Posts
Does anyone have there contact information or handle here on 2cool?
Aubrey Black -Bassfreeks -210-355-5091 - Baffin

Chris Martin (Bay Flats Lodge) - Capt Chris Martin - Seadrift

Jim Onderdonk (Poco Loco Lodge) - Poco Loco - 361-774-7710 - Baffin

I've hunted with Donk and fished with Chris and Aubrey. Wouldn't hesitate a second to hunt and fish with either of them.

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
My $0.02 worth....

Besides Chris Martin at Bay Flats, you should also check out Kris Kelley of Coastal Waterfowl. Both out of Seadrift, and both sponsors on this site. They're both friends of mine and either one will show you a quality experience.

Each offers a little bit different hunting opportunities and target fish. IMHO, from my perspective, Kris Kelly's operation tends to hunt more saltwater marshy areas and gets on reds consistently. Chris Martin tends to hunt a little more inland areas and his guides favor trout more. But this is not absolute, as they both do it all, including geese. It just depends on where the birds and fish are.

·
One day at a time!!
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the info everyone. I know most of those names for fishing, just wasn't sure who also does hunting trips.

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Captain Aubrey Black is your man! But only if you like great cooking, awesome hunting and trophy Baffin trout. :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts