2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught 5ft Blacktip and need some input on how to cook.

·
Registered
215 Posts
my uncle cooked (stir fry) a sharpnose shark with ginger and green onions and it was quite good. cut the meat into small pieces. season with a little bit of salt and pepper. slice up some ginger and chop some green onions. heat up a wok or frying pan, add a little oil. when the oil gets hot add the ginger and green onions. stir for about 10-15 seconds. the aroma is wonderful. then add the meat and stir for about 2 minutes. then add about a teaspoon of water and cover for another 2 minutes and then it should be ready.

this recipe can be used for shrimp, crabs, lobster and other fish. it's my favorite with crabs and lobsters.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Shark Steaks

If you cut some steaks off it season with tonys, garlic powder, and onion powder put in a ziplock pour in some salsa and some yellow mustard. Let marinate for a couple of hours then grill over a real hot fire.
Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Though I love fish I don't really like to eat shark. The smell is so powerful it just takes away my appetite, but ny nephews like them and the 10 year old pours an orange/lemon juice mix on them and then puts them on the BBQ pit covered in orange slices. He did it at a party and everybody seemed to like it.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Shark

The most important thing with shark is meat preparation. You need to bleed the shark while it is still alive. acut the tail off and let it bleed over the side of the boat. After the shark has bled out wash it off real good with salt water. The shark urinates through his skin and if you don't wash it good after the shark has died the meat wil taste like urea. It will also contaminate the other fish in the cooler.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Now that sounds good and Bill just had a charter that gave him all their fish[:)]
I have 2 huge bags of steak and now I know what to do with them..
Thanks for the recipe and the picture that helped alot right there.
Lynn and CB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts