2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Blackfin and top water lures?????

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  lwl96a 
#1 ·
I have a few top water lures I think should work, but was wondering if there's a go to lure for blackfin. Were making a run to Boomvang Sat. night. I'm coming through Houston fri. so I can stop for tackle if anybody can help me with this. Thanks

#3 ·
When I went to Venice, A buddy of mine had a flying fish lure, crazy bird I think it was called, that was probably supposed to be used for trolling, but we were casting it and using a fast retrieve while drifting the floaters. Several Blackfin and one Yellowfin was caught on that lure. A couple of fish were even caught on poppers. Basically I think (i'm not an expert) anything that makes a ruckess on top of the water, while the Tuna are jumping out of the water, will cause a strike.

#4 ·
If you want them on topwaters, I like the smaller Yo-zuri's, Hydro Tiger I think is what they are called.

For Jigging? The diamond jig is always right on! Just as good, in my book, is the Williamson Benthos in a 5oz, Blue and Silver or Pink and White!

Good luck

Tom - DBG

#8 ·
Tuna Hunters, OTI (sponsor) has some cool looking poppers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.