2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these baits yet? I was just thinking that since I catch a LOT of fish on jugs using commercial raised minnows on spur-of-the-moment trips, maybe these would stay alive quite a bit longer? Maybe the struggle would allow a cat to find it faster? And how big ARE the big ones?

I know, I know, the favored bait of die-hard catmen is shad or skipjack, but I have had too much luck with store-bought minnows to discount the idea.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
I have heard that gold fish are a popular bait for the really big flatheads so i dont see why the Black Salty would not work. I guess the only way to find out is to try them. From what i hear they will stay alive on a hook for around 30mins in salt so im guessing a week in a lake on a hook.

Josh

·
2,584 Posts
Catfish,

have you got your spiral wisker stixer yet?
Take a look at the website they are a new sponser. The fish looks like it is from the carp family it is black yellows color.

Josh

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody send me about a dozen and I will try them out for BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG Blue cats. ;)

·
2,584 Posts
if i were you i would send him an email he tends to anwser those quicker. I also have his number if you want it.

Josh

G

·
BillyStix - Read This!

Catfish said:
I am sure he will get back to me .... I do not want to bug him about a free rod ...
For some reason Billy of "BillyStiX" often does not get/read Personal Messages. It is far better to e-mail him. - Also, as far as I know, he is not connected with the "Black Salty" people in any way.

If he does not respond to an e-mail, post a new thread on the main TTMB forum. Billy does read that, and he is a very honorable man. He also builds a d#amn fine rod!

·
Charter Member
5,939 Posts
Black Salties - Don't know about catfish but...

I did catch several flounder last year on the Black Salty baits. When all of the Galveston bait shops were out of finger mullet, I bought a couple dozen Black Salty and tried them out. They all stayed frisky in the fresh water the bait shop gave me. And surprisngly, they were fairly hardy and kept kicking even after thirty minutes of soaking in the salt water. I think what eventually would kill the bait would be the repeated casting. My wife caught the biggest flounder on that day, a 21 incher (about 4 - 4 1/2 ponds). Sure made for some good eating.

Hope this info helps.
Mike

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Catfish said:
Never seen them -- Tell me more ..
Catfish ... there's actually a website for the black salty ... http://www.blacksalty.com

The only place I've seen them carried so far is at Fat Boys near Galveston.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts