2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a beautiful black lab (3-5yo) male in Channelview today at the intersection of I-10 and Normandy. My suspicion is that he has been missing for a while. I know it is a long shot, thought I would post up anyways.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys....I truly wish I knew the whole story of what was going on with this dog. My guess is that he perhaps got away from his original owner, and someone else was trying to keep him. The reason I say this is that when I found him he had automotive primary wire tied to his collar, and was mildly heartworm positive....in addition to the broken leg. But he does not have the demeanor of a dog that has been tied out his whole life.

He is housebroken but I don't think he speaks English because he initially did not respond to anything I said, almost like he was deaf. He now knows his new name (Luke, my black lab is named Bo...made sense to me) and sit. I am unsure as to whether I will keep him because he growls anytime Bo approaches him...I am hoping that when he gets the cast off this will change.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took Luke for his 2 week follow-up yesterday, he went from 75 to 86lbs in 2 weeks, and he ain't fat! He is one of the biggest framed labs I have seen in a while.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To everyone who viewed this thread, I thought I would give a little follow-up. I guess in the back of my mind I would not find another home for Luke, I guess it was subconsciously breaking it to the wife slowly:) Anyways, he has been a good addition and only limps slightly on his leg. Obedience is coming along...may even take him to Matty this year and see if he will pick up some ducks?

Here's some recent pics with the leg healed up...he is on my right in the couch pic, that is our morning coffee ritual. Second is a profile shot...he is weighing in the 90's now with very little fat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
so, i come home one day and there's a black lab mix puppy waiting at the top of the stairs! he was so cute i immediately picked him up and said, in my best darth vader voice, "luke. i am your father." my wife said, "let's call him luke!" luke loves the water. :)

·
Roll Tide!!!
2,974 Posts
Great lookin' lab. Thanks for taking him out of harms way and getting him patched up. That's a loyal dog too! He's seen the other side of life. angelsm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts