2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Eyed Peas for luck in 2010. Greens and Cabbage for prosperity, and Pork because it tastes good with the others...and don't forget the corn bread.

If anybody has any good New Years Day recipes for any of these, put 'em up on the recipe board. Somebody already started one for the BEPs.

HNY yall

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Black Eyed Peas for luck in 2010. Greens and Cabbage for prosperity, and Pork because it tastes good with the others...and don't forget the corn bread.

If anybody has any good New Years Day recipes for any of these, put 'em up on the recipe board. Somebody already started one for the BEPs.

HNY yall
Pretty close but Grandma said you had to eat pork and not turkey because a hog roots forward and a turkey scratches backward. So
you were heading forward into the new year.
Happy New Year to you and yours.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Here is the best Black Eyed Pea in the world.. Fergie... rowwwwwrrrrrrr..

·
Lee Lee
1,320 Posts
i REALLLY dislike Black eyed Peas...is it ok if i just eat a spoonful or is quantity a factor in the amount of luck it brings...ill eat an entire pot if thats the case!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i REALLLY dislike Black eyed Peas...is it ok if i just eat a spoonful or is quantity a factor in the amount of luck it brings...ill eat an entire pot if thats the case!
I think ya gotta eat SOME. I love the New Years Day stuff, so its never been a question of quantity here.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
it's starting to smell good in here. black-eyed peas on the stove, a college bowl game on the tv, a cold beverge in hand, and sunshine and a crisp, cool day outside ... does it get any better than this?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, wait a minute... that looks edible! ACTUALLY IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD!!! thats not like any BEP,s i have ever eaten!!!:)
Ya gotta put some stuff in em and cook for a long time...look at some on the recipe board. Not much is better than some gooood blackeyed peas cooked right.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's starting to smell good in here. black-eyed peas on the stove, a college bowl game on the tv, a cold beverge in hand, and sunshine and a crisp, cool day outside ... does it get any better than this?
X2. New Years Day in Texas. One of the best days of the year.

·
Lee Lee
1,320 Posts
I think its supposed to look like this:
WOW. that looks really good...i had my one spoonful of a much less appealing version of this...maybe right out of the can...lol....but the cabbage was good as well as the ribs...but next year im going to attempt to spice things up... so to speak. Happy New Year:spineyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts