2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband asked me tonight if I could fish anywhere with anyone on the Texas Coast who and where would it be? Well since my birthday is in about a month I think I know where he's going with this. This is not a question to be taken lightly. It has really got me thinking as you can tell from the time stamp on my post.

The first place I thought of was Baffin Bay and fish for a trophy trout even though this time of year they are a little skinny. Or I could fish for reds and hope one of them is wearing jewerly. Or I could go a little farther south and fish Port Mansfield. Decisions, Decisions.

Has anyone ever rented one of those Baffin Bay floating cabins? If so, how did it work out. Was if fun and did you catch fish. That has always sounded fun to me.

Guides I'm thinking about are: Aubrey Black, Kevin Cockran, Mike Singleterry, Don Hand, Brent Hopkins, Joey Lara, Bill Sheka. Who else should I put on my list? I think I'll be gunning for a trophy size trout.

I may be jumping the gun -- maybe my husband is just asking for a friend. I sure hope not.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
BAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIN........... Trout wont be huge this time of year.. But Aubrey is still catching some impressive fish..

Thomas

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Just out of curiosity, isnt it kind of short notice for some of those guides? Arent they pretty much booked this time of year or is there a summer lull?

I would hit either Baffin or Rockport :)

·
One day at a time!!
803 Posts
South Padre after big trout, snook, reds, tarpon, and mangrove snapper. Best fishing in TX if you ask me.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who's David Green? What bay system does he work?

What bay system does Jesse work?

South Padre meaning Port Mansfield or farther south?

MsAddicted, I was hoping they might have openings middle of the week still left. Might postpone birthday until September. My husband still hasn't committed that this is what he is up to but I'll be ready if the time comes.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Bubbaette said:
Might postpone birthday until September.
<<<<Pssst...sharon>>>>... you cant postpone your birthday. You can ignore it but it still happens, lol.

Yeah maybe midweek would work. Sounds like a great "surprise" you are cooking up for yourself there :) I hope hubby wasnt just asking because he was curious, lol!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Jesse Arsola fishes everywhere... If you cant get in with Jesse,, If you want him.. Im sure Pat can help you out...

Aubrey is a good bet, as well as Ernie Cisneros....

Lots and lots of choices... But if its your birthday, Go somewhere new you havent been...

Just my .02

Thomas

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about tarpon fishing in Florida or halibut fishing in Alaska. Those have been on my list for awhile and will probably stay there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We fished with Robert Zapapta this week, and really liked him. very laid back, but very conscientious. he's out of Corpus and fishes Baffin & surrounding areas. he's been guiding for ~ 20 yrs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts