2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you wondering why cats can't keep up with monos, well it has been an issue of horsepower. Freeman Boatworks has upped the ante by building a custom 40' center console cat with quad Yamaha 300's. A gentleman from Houston, TX commissioned us to build a cat that could cruise at 45mph. He wanted more size than the 33' with some more customization in the area of storage and seating.

The 33' is an amazing ride.... I don't know that I can comprehend how well the 40' is going to ride. He is coming out of a 36 Contender, so he really doesnt know how unbelievable his fishing experience is going to be on those snotty GOM days.

My speed predictions have always been conservative... I certainly dont want to go crazy with speed predictions and have to pull my foot out of my mouth.

Here are the specs:

LOA: 40'
Beam: 13'
Fuel: 400 gallons main 200 aux.
Power: 1200hp
Water: 50 gallons
Weight full up: 16000lbs

Speed predictions

Top end 60mph +
Cruise 45mph

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin's boat is hull #2 out of the mold. We finished laminating the hull today actually and will start placing bulkheads next week. Hull #1 will go in the water shortly after Xmas. Would be sooner, but the holidays slow things down.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I don't know how it will ride or how fast it will go but I saw 2 - 33 Freemans in Venice this year. Man, those are some sweet boats. We had one eat us up on the way out one morning and we were in a World Cat. That Freeman cruised past us like those 3-4 were not there. If I could, I would buy one today!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
does he have an ice maker? on a boat that size, id def want one. nice on those extended trips :)

13' beam is quite nice!
Icemaker, water-maker, wine cooler rack, ceegar humidifier, seat warmers, bidet for the galley slave, fuzzy dice, curb scratchers, whatever ya want! ;)

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
I wondered when a 40 foot Freeman would come, gonna be the Pinnacle of boats!
Please keep us posted on weekly build photos.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.