2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never launched down there. Is there anything I need to know? Is parking ok, or do I need to get there early because the crowds are bad, or what?

Also, how long is the drive from Port A?

Thanks,

Will

·
Perch Slayer - Bambi Killer
714 Posts
El General said:
I have never launched down there. Is there anything I need to know? Is parking ok, or do I need to get there early because the crowds are bad, or what?

Also, how long is the drive from Port A?

Thanks,

Will
Nothing special about the dock as far as lauching. Parking can be bad at times but was really light today. Always good to get there early just in case. I would say it is probably a 35-40 minute ride from Port A. Fishing was actually really good today (Saturday) south of Bird Island.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
wellconnected said:
Nothing special about the dock as far as lauching. Parking can be bad at times but was really light today. Always good to get there early just in case. I would say it is probably a 35-40 minute ride from Port A. Fishing was actually really good today (Saturday) south of Bird Island.
Figures....I missed it by a week!

·
**Follow me to certain death**
1,015 Posts
Yeah, When I first went to that ramp about 5-6 years ago, I set a single axle trailer on my Majek over the edge of the concrete and got stuck on my spring perches. That was not fun. First and only prob Ive had there.

The sandy side use to have a cross tie half burried. Saw a couple of people slide an axle over just to get snagged trying to pull out.

They also took out the trash cans.

If its super crowded and your parking out past the entrance, watch out. Seen a couple of people stick there trucks out there. Most just go fishing, and hope it pops out when they get back.

·
Registered
254 Posts
There is a new paved parking lot w/ bathrooms close by. The ramps are nice and there are new strong catwalks as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John Paul said:
It is inside the National Seashore Park so you will need to purchase a permit.
Can we do that on the way in at 5:00 - 5:30 am or do we need to do it prior to going down there?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nobody is in the booth at that time you can drive thru but, not sure if they check for stickers while you are parked in the parking lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts