2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been debating on buying the Vortex fury built in rangefinder binoculars also been looking at the sig Sauer with built in rangefinder binoculars? I do have a rangefinder already and I have Vortex crossfire 10x42 binoculars just wanting to upgrade? Should I just upgraded to Vortex viper HD binoculars? Is there anyone that can help out ?

· Registered
694 Posts
I thought I wanted an all in one solution until this year. I was on a hunt with a friend, and I was the shooter. The animal we were after was on the move so we slipped through the brush to get a shot. When we found the target, my eye was in the scope and he had my rangefinder giving me yardage. I had a brief window to shoot and got it done. This worked way better than no standalone range finder and me having to use my rangefinding binos first, then get in the gun.

· Registered
5,601 Posts
I've always used the $100.00 autofocus binocs. I won't use a pair of binocs I have to adjust to see my target. If i can't throw them up like a rifle scope, than i won't use them. on a tarpon trip this last Sept I was on a friends boat, he had the Steiner Offshore 7X50. they are auto focus and bad to the bone. i'll be getting a pair soon, already have been looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts