2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning :D
i just recieved a very large rod order and i havent had a contest in a while so now is a good time, going to have 2 winners.

#1-- ladies winner, your choice of spin or spiral
#2--mens winner your choice of spin or spiral
rules just post up as to why you want a free custom billystix rod.
you can have your choice of a spiral or spin 6ft6 or 7 ft custom built to your specs. contest ends on 8-3-06 thur
in addition to the contest i have dropped the price on 6ft6 or 7ft custom rods to $160.00 while they last, this is a $50 dollar savings, but the quanity is limited about 8 as best i can tell at this point. if you would like to discuss getting in on the price break just give me a shout.
enjoy the contest and good luck ladies and gents.
stix:D
oops almost forgot winners get a free billystix t shirt as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Why do I want a free custom billystix rod? Um, because it's free. :wink: Also because I can't really afford one at regular price.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Billystix

I want a free Billystix to give to my Dad for Christmas because he is the one who taught me to love this sport. I own him soooo much.

·
One day at a time!!
804 Posts
I would like a free Stix rod because I have heard so many great things about them, and have never had a custom rod, much less a spiral. I have always admired your work, and one day when I get out of college I might be able to actually afford one. This would be a great opportunity for me to experience the Stix rods, then buy several more when I get out of school with a good paying job.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
love to have one but will never be able to get anywhere where i could use such a fine rod, so thanks for the offer.
( i am one of these old guys that cant walk or stand much)

·
Just call me JJ
7,592 Posts
I'd love a free BillyStix custom rod because I've never owned, and never will own if I have to pay for it, a rod that's over $40. That and because I want the fish to think they were caught by a cool angler so they can rest in peace knowing they'll be fried up proper. :)

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
I would love a free BillyStix rod because I sold every piece of fishing equipment I owned when I moved to Denver two years ago. Now that I am back in Houston, I have to start all over with all new equipment, and I would love to start with the best...a BillyStix, of course! ;) Right now I have absolutely NOTHING as far as fishing equipment is concerned. Not one rod, not one reel...heck, not even a single lure. :cry: :D

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'd like to win the free Billystix rod because...

We all have the pessimistic buddy who NEVER wants to spend more than x dollars on his equipment. You know the guy, the one who believes that, "I can do just as good or even better than you can with my $8 rod." This guy can get on your nerves sometimes, but dammit, he is your best friend, and you love him for who he is. You know, all you have to do is say the word, and this guy would do anything for you.

Besides, deep down, you know he would just LOVE to have the nice stuff- and Billystix is the nicest.

Well, I'd like to win it for him. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Because I have tried for years to win one.

Because I would take great care of it.

Because I play the role of "netboy" more than I catch fish.

Because my daughter is going to win one at the Kid Fish Tourney (I will be playing the role of "Netboy" again)...and I will have to listen to the women talk smack.

Because it would give me reason to buy a new reel.

Because I believe in Karma.

·
"(DON'T FEAR) THE REAPER"
286 Posts
I would like to have a Billystix because I love to fish. The rod would be put to great use. Thank you for the opportunity!

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,615 Posts
I would like a free Billy Stix because they are

Beautiful Rods with an

Intuitive Design that make them the

Lightest and

Longest Casting rods giving you

Years of Enjoyment with

Superior Fighting Control,

Tremendous Sensitivity and they will

Indeed make you

Xtremely Satisfied!

·
11,765 Posts
I want one because I'm cheap and it don't get any cheaper than free. :)

Just kidding. I actually have several of Billys creations. Whoever wins will definately get a great fishing rod. Good luck to all the contestants.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I would like a free Billy Stix rod so I can take it fishing with my wealthy in-laws, who would see the magic in these rods and I'm sure they would be making purchases after seeing it in action. Plus I never win anything of value and Quality. Did I mention I never win anything!!! I did

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would absolutely love a BillyStix rod for one reason.

Even though I've lived in the Trinity Bay area all of my life, it has just been over the past few years that I've really gotten into saltwater fishing. Other than soaking shrimp with my Grandpa when I was a kid (while eating egg sandwiches, vienna sausages, and Shasta Cream Soda at the Big Yellow Seperator), I hadn't done much fishing. Especially since Grandpa passed away several years back.
Well, some good friends of mine took me out to the bay and started to show me what all of this hubbub was about. capn, here on the board, has been very patient and helpful in this learning process. Since then, I've learned how important good equipment truly is. Being able to feel the bite and set a hook using a good rod and reel set-up makes every difference in the world. Last year, for my birthday, my wife even bought me a brand new Curado at an annual auction for the school my boys attend. WOW! I was completely shocked that she even thought about that, much less bought it! I was able to get a decent rod and have enjoyed it thoroughly.
Well, over these past few years, my wife of 20 years has accompanied me on some fishing trips. Mainly just to spend some time together and watch a cork bob up and down. She never really caught much that amounted to anything, mainly because of my lack of expertise... However, a few months ago, I was able to put her on a school of redfish. It was absolutely beautiful! I was baiting her hook with shrimp (she hadn't worked up the courage to do that herself yet) and netting her fish, and re-baiting, and netting, as fast as I could. Her cheapo rod stayed bent and the drag was stripping! She was struggling to keep her rod up and get the fish to the boat. She was so pumped and, needless to say, I didn't get to fish much that trip. But it was awesome to watch!

After that, she kept asking when we could return and do it again. So I took her back about a week later. After taking her to "her" redfish hole and not having much luck, we took off in search of some kind of fish activity. Well, sure enough, we found some birds working and quitely pulled upwind of the frenzy. I convinced her that she needed to put the popping cork away and gave her a Zebco 33, on an okay rod, rigged with a soft plastic. We trolled up to the birds, she cast her lure, and BAM - it was ON!!! MAN, you should have seen her ripping lips! She was so excited, she even unhooked some of her own fish! (HA!) She managed to pull in a 21" spec amongst all the dinks. And now she is absolutely addicted! She even skunked me the other evening out at Dow's Reef.

Last weekend, we went on a date while the boys were at her parents. After dinner, we went to Academy and bought her an okay Shimano spinning reel, because the one she was using was a piece of junk I had had for years. But here's where a new BillyStix custom rod would VERY much be appreciated. I would love for her to feel the bumps and hits and thrashing of a hard fighting, spotted seatrout through a rod that looks and feels incredible. (A good friend of mine, capn, recently won a BillyStix in a tourney at his church of 1st Baptist - Seabrook. It looks like it should hang on a mantle, instead of smudged with fish slime. Beautiful rod with incredible workmanship!) And I would be the proudest husband if I could present one to my beautiful bride and fishing partner.

Regardless of winning or not, I think you guys at BillyStix need a huge pat on the back for your generous donations to 2Cool. I know you've made several folks happy with your donations and discounts. Thanks!

TL

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'd love to get one of those rods to try out but I say find someone coming back from a deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan and give it to them

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would love to think that if you do a nice thing, someone will do a nice thing for you.

This weekend is my 5th year wedding anniversary. My wife is under the impression that we aren't exchanging gifts this year because the funds have been tight with a 17th month old boy running around now. Well, I decided that I didn't do anything really nice for her when my son was born, so I ponied up the big bucks and bought her a new diamond ring. Needless to say, that was a major expense, but well worth it for all that she has given me in the last 5 years. Anyway, I know she is clueless about it and hasn't gotten me anything, so a new fishing rod would be great.

So Billy, do you want to give me a nice anniversary gift since it would be the only tangible thing I receive? I say tangible because I might get something intangible from the wife after giving her the ring...wink wink.

·
Keep on Keeping on....
1,824 Posts
Here is my submission. I would love to win this rod because I would love to donate it back to the Help Billy offset his costs fund. I would auction it at a banquet and donate all proceeds back to Billy. I love being able to be the one that stands apart from the crowd. I get this everytime someone sees my rods. What is that, you put the eyes on the wrong side. I say use it for a little while. Every time the person comes back saying wow, I am impressed, that rod is awesome and extremely light for a rod of it's size and action. I would rather this rod go to someone that has never had the pleasure of using one of Billy's rods than to me who is on his team of sorts and needs no convincing about the quality of his craftsmanship, I feel it is second to none AT ANY PRICE!

PM me about the 6'6" deals Billy.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts