2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a petition for everyone to say they want Billy Stix to take up Tortuga's offer and come down to meet us. post up and lets get him down here for the youth tourny. hey Billy I wan't to meet you.

Randall

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
C'mon Billy...I got a pile of "Amex Airmiles" that are only good for flights from Jacksonville to Houston..or..Jacksonville to Beirut....Help me out !!

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sept 23

Mr. Breeze said:
How soon can you fly after heart surgery? I think Billy said he could not come down for a while.
The tourn. is still 2 months away, exactly as of today. and its been a little over a month since. cmon doc cut him loose.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I would not fly for a while after heart surgery, I am sure he is on plenty of blood thinners and other great meds that already puts him at risks for too many things. then again, you only live once, right???? :)

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
OK.a little research for you to chew on..and if you ain't comfortable up in the wild blue yonder, there's always Greyhound or Amtrak...or one of these good ol' boys could wind up one of their 'tricked-out' F 350's or Ram Hemis and come get your ***..LOL

"Your own doctor is the best judge of your Cardiac health and may want you to perform treadmill or stress tests to gauge your fitness. But, as a general rule, the American Academy of Family Physicians suggests that patients who have had heart surgery -- such as coronary angioplasty or coronary artery bypass grafting -- wait at least two weeks before flying.
As long as there are no post operative complications, patients who have recovered from these surgeries are considered low risk. However, doctors suggest the two week wait because of the risks associated with exposure to decreased atmospheric pressure, found in commercial jetliners, for patients who have undergone any type of chest surgery."

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
hi guys
you are truly just to much.
i have no problems coming to texas believe me, i do have a couple things to consider,sep is a very busy time for us at work, the university of fla is in session and we get busy and asking for time off is tricky.
however i might not have a job to worry about, i dont want to sound in poor health because i am doing fine at this point.
i go back to the heart doc on thur of this week, i am having bouts of fatiuge that is a real pain where the sun never shines, it causes me to have breathing problems and the doc said its normal, it takes some people longer to shake than others, if i have to put off going back to work they might just tell me to go ahead and build rods, cause they need a meat cutter not a invilid:frown:
but i always look for the worst, then when i get the good its all good.
so let me say that as soon as i can see where this fatigue thing is going then i will give you guys an answer, but if there is any way i can pull it off i will take jim up on his offer:) jim is good stuff"more grease jim"
thanks to my many friends in texas and i will come home if at all possible.
stix

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
We'll just leave the ball in your court, Billy..You're the only judge as to what you can do and when...We would all love to meet/see you again if it works out.. Keep us posted..The whole danged world might explode in the next two months..so we'll just leave it open..

'Greasy Jim'

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
I love my beautiful BillyStix spinning rod, and I'd love to give old BillyStix a big HUG for making it for me. It caught the big old flounder that's in my avatar.

When you're up to it, Billy, and not one day before!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Billy

Just a word from my experience. Following my surgery (tripple), I also extreme tiredness. Checked my blood pressure, it was good. Check my pulse, it was something like 48-50.

Called the doctor, he asked how much Atenenol I was still on. When I answered his question, he immediately instructed me to cut dosage in half. That really did the trick. Have since cut it in half again.

It seems I was still on the dosage prescribed immediately after surgery. Should have be told to reduce dosage when I left the hospital.

BillyBob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts