2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Bobby

I read about this and have determined that it will not stop spam. Here's what I think. It says it will respond to every email it receives. (so you still get the email spam) (also, what happens if you get a virus, would you be sharing this with everyone who ever has contact with you?) Then if a non valid email address is found or the person does not reply to the message, YOU have to put them on a list to block. This seems more trouble for people who really send you emails. Some might even stop unless you put them on the OK list. You will still get the spam because most spammers change the email address or ISP's daily, some every hour. You could just do the same with making a rule list yourself. You could add to your list everyday. If security is a issue, you could use a program called IronKey. I use it for my important messages, and the receiver has the program keys I sent to read or secure.
Spam is a hugh issue and finally there are some groups going to jail over this, the FBI just made a raid last month here in Houston. Most ISP's will ban users if they are reported and I believe that is where our hope is best put.
You could always use a "throw away" email address. Sing up for a web based address (there are thousands) and use that email address for any websites that require a valid email address to get some type of service or free offer or even the chance to win a million bucks.
Never respond to a "remove" by clicking here, in a spam message. First, it lets them know this is a valid email address. Second, you will receive even more from other companies, (because they are so nice to each other and share).

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill I knew most of what you said already I have no problem with spam. I have about 10 email address's now. I just thought somebody else might be interested and to get your input on that program.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts