2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a bug and checking this forum i see where you suggest turning off 'System Restore' before running cures...............

i've done so and am running anti-malware now

my question (should it work this time)......... do i turn 'system restore' back 'on' after-all-is-said-n-done??????:question::question::question:

i haven't seen any mention to do so in your previous posts

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the reply........

dosen't matter at this point tho....... adaware and malware fail to remove it

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
post up the problem and I will see if I can give you the manual removal

also, try running your scan in safe mode

another thing, look in "add/remove" to see if it's a installed program

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx...... i'll get back to you later

(it's half-time right now and the Saints're kickin' arse!
)

gotta get sumpin' to eat

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
safe mode and add/remove isn't helping......

it appears to be Worm.Win32.NetSky or Win32.Malware.Gen or something like that...

i get a round red w/white x icon in the lower right and it wants me to install it's spyware.... it calls itself 'Internet Security 2010' and is now popping up with a trial version

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
What virus program are ou using and is it updated ?

You can take out the hard drive and connect it as a secondary hard drive and scan it in safe mode with a updated Well known AV program as mentioned.

Many times I have seen viruses on PC's that Norton or Mcafee failed to detect or clean and AVG picked them up with ease.

The file may be in the HKLM run section of the registry. You can look for non windows files there, but be carefull and know what you are removing. The CCleaner program that you can download has a tool option for this in tools>startup But you will need to know what to diable or copy and paste here or save it as a attactment and post it

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i' have avast but i took it down the road to a local puter shop and he recognized it........

says it's in there deep and'll take'im 2 or 3 hours and a $100 to $150 to get it out......

well, at least the alternator on my truck went out on that run too

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Start up in safe mode w/ networking checked (click start. run, type msconfig). In the boot.ini tab, click safe mode and check the networking box.
Restart
Login as ADMINISTRATOR
open internet browser and go to google. type c cleaner
the 2nd hit has a download link. download via hippo... and install (everything default except I uncheck the yahoo tool bar)
Top left option by default Cleaner. Run it, then run it again.
2nd top left option Registry. Run it. Clean and I normally say don't backup. Fix all, then run it again and fix all.
logout and login as normal user. Run C Cleaner again. may find it under Start Programs...
Go back to internet. download.com
type malwarebytes (I think it will be the 2nd hit) Click on download now and install it.
Run the quick scan.
Start, Run msconfig and uncheck safe mode and restart...

See where that gets you and let me know.

GF

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
I hope the puter shop gets it out and polishes it too for that much. Thats a high virus removal price. I could reload your OS and apps / backup and have it just like new for 150 . Hope they dont double charge you.

There are actually some viruses that will never be removed and if someone says that they can remove 100 percent of all viruses, Ill pay em..LOL
i' have avast but i took it down the road to a local puter shop and he recognized it........

says it's in there deep and'll take'im 2 or 3 hours and a $100 to $150 to get it out......

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Is this the virus where you get an official looking update from windows to update your system, and then when you update it, it want let you leave until the sign up with them. I had that and it popped up all the time. It cost me $75.00 to have it removed or cleaned up. The notice looks very official from Mircosoft. DONT OPEN IT !!

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Internet Security 2010 is a pita to remove

updated malwarebytes should remove it
bitdefend online scan will get it also

sorry to be late here

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Bill,

I believe this "Internet Security 2010" is the one that has bit my PC. The official-ish looking description is spot on to something I had several weeks ago. Be careful, my machine is down right now and has lost the ability to link to the internet....I'm working through creating back-ups and hopefully getting her fixed back up without too much pain.

Nonetheless.....Hey Santa, if you're surfing 2cool, my request for this Christmas is simply to have the bastages who created this nastiness over to my place for some holiday cheer.

SR!

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i took it down the road to a local puter shop and he recognized it........

$167 and change! :hairout:

and you don't even wanna know what the ford house ripped me off for on the alternator cuz i didn't wanna fool with it at the time (double-:hairout::hairout:)

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Glad you got it fiix'ed up..too bad you were not close to me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts