2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing down at this pond near the house today, here in Spring. Fished all morning and nothing but a 2 lb catfish and two LMB. Then all of a sudden, my big Ocean City pole (base about the size of my thumb) bent completely over. After quite a good fight, I finally pulled her on the bank. Now I know, this isn't a monster to some of you "wise men" but it was to me. Enjoy the pics.
Oh yeah, caught her on shrimp and she was released to fight another day. She weighed 14 lbs 11 ozs and was close to 36" long. Didn't have a tape measure but I'm 6'4" and she was dern near as long as my long.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Great cat! Congratulations. I've never caught one that big.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
That's a nice fish from any location. Glad you released it. Just a couple like that can keep a pond stocked with eating size fish for ever.
Shrimp never fail the world over.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah, I should've measured her but was too excited and forgot. This pond is right here at our concrete plant in Spring and is only about 2 acres. They say that there's been some 20 lbers let go in here. I would eat them but all of the concrete trucks wash out in here and some of the chemicals that they put in here might just hurt a man after consumption of a fish. Never know and I'm not taking that chance.

You know that comment about the "wise men" was for you SS, DB, SB, and Longhorn Daddy.... from one of the posts from last week. LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts