2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Saturday on The Doghouse out of POC. The crew consisted of my FIL, myself and uncle inlaw. A little choppy on the way out but made it to the east breaks by 8:30ish.. Trolled a weedline that was holding some smaller dolphin that we weren't really interested in. I'm sure we could have loaded the boat with chickens in a few minutes. Started trolling towards little drop and all we ran into was scattered weeds with no real lines formed. Nothing hitting, but we kept working our way to deeper water. Finally, around noon, a modulure went off and a big wahoo was boated after a 10 minute fight. The fish was the biggest wahoo I've ever caught. Weighed close to 60lbs. Continued on to Falcon but give up around 2:30 and ran in.

Big Mike's Lures http://www.bigmikeslures.com/ sells these modulures cheaper than Melton's or other tackle outlets. You can contact me for pricing and you can place the order through me. These lures troll awesome at higher speeds than marauders or any other similar plugs, and they'll last forever. Here's some more info on them http://www.pelagiclures.com/eng/index.html

Here's the pics. Sorry about the quality. Had an issue with the digital camera after my wife dropped it..

Attachments

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,215 Posts

nice fish there! i know how much fun they are to catch. them things like too peel off some line, don't they? this is my first a couple of weeks ago at va fogg. 65 lbs. again, nice fish!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Congrats on the big 'hoo. We couldn't keep the wahoo off our baits on Saturday. Never thought I'd get tired of catching wahoo but I was getting pretty close to that point by 7:30 Saturday evening.

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
First football now huge Wahoo...I give up. I'll trade ya one of those lures for my boat...lol

Nice Wahoo!!! Thanks for the report. I just hope I don't return my first wahoo thinking it was a king. No jokes please!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Not too bad........

for a t-sip.

Nice fish.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
dude, you spend all that money on tackle, get a freakin dig camera with at least 3 megapixels. Dont come back again with those grainy pictures. :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
It was a good day, but I would have traded all the wahoo except one for a shot a billfish. I got to take something home for the wife to grill or she will think we didnt actually fish. Plus its pretty cool to sit down over a wahoo steak and figure out what that just cost per pound!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
if the freezer is full then yeah, if not, I beter catch some meat. Even if it is a trip targeting just bills, I better bring at least one fish home, even if it is the bait.....PROOF.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.