2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hunting a BIG shark 500+. We caught a mako at boomvang two weeks ago but not to big. If anyone has a community spot where they know some big sharks are this time of year please let me know. Thanks for the help guys. Oh and distance doesn't matter we just want a big shark.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Stetson rock or the flower gardens will most likely have some big tigers, bulls, and maybe a mako around them this time of year. Biggest mako I ever saw was at boomvang in the fall, fish was well over a grand.

·
No fish in West Bay
5,634 Posts
I've hooked sharks a number of times on jigs, long knife jig style. I also ended up losing a bunch of jigs dropping a jig into an area that we know has sharks just for the thrill of the big fish pull. Not a cheap thrill at all in the end.

I think you might want to ask this on the general blue water board since bait is by far the best choice and not pricey chunks of lead.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
Stetson rock or the flower gardens will most likely have some big tigers, bulls, and maybe a mako around them this time of year.
x2. Getting a 500# Tiger isn't a walk in the park, but very do-able.

Chum. Chum. Chum.

Brandon

·
Fish Assassin
924 Posts
x2. Getting a 500# Tiger isn't a walk in the park, but very do-able.

Chum. Chum. Chum.

Brandon
Finding that 500# tiger, and getting him to bite can be tough. The actual fight isn't all that spectacular. He's no mako. He's more of a typical shark with the, "I'm big...but...you got me" attitude. Big tigers have never really impressed me that much with their fighting abilities.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
You know, it is a crazy world. We once fought what we estimated to be a grander tiger for 9 hours. Yes, 9 hours. And lost her. Some amazing spool dumping runs. Truly a monster.

And we caught a mako not long ago that made one long run, and came straight up to the boat to meet the flying gaff. No jumps. Not much of a fight.

Every fish is different.

Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
You are officially docked 10,000 greenies for reposting a pic of your fish (again). Merry Christmas.
You know, it is a crazy world. We once fought what we estimated to be a grander tiger for 9 hours. Yes, 9 hours. And lost her. Some amazing spool dumping runs. Truly a monster.

And we caught a mako not long ago that made one long run, and came straight up to the boat to meet the flying gaff. No jumps. Not much of a fight.

Every fish is different.

Brandon

Reactions: Chase This!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts