2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think in my spare time over the next few months I am going to look at making a custom boat cover for my next boat. Is there any interest in these from ppl on here? I think some ppl said they had picked some large boat covers up and customized them to fit their own boats around the consoles and whatever else is in the way. THat is what I think I am going to do.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Cover

Daryl at Can Do Canvas has made me a couple of covers for my boats as well as enclosures. He does fair to good work and is very reasonable. Unless you have nothing better to do he can make you a cover out of very high quality material for under $600.00
Just my experience.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
there is a guy on ebay under sunbrella named bullandcookie that might sell you sunbrella direct at a decent price, i just bought 12 yds from him to make l. post covers , new t-top etc. this stuff is bullet proof for a t-top, but alot of $$$ for a whole boats worth.

you can take a regular cover and cut it to fit around your t-top, but be very careful what brand you buy. skip anything with cotton in it.

some of the taylormade is decent stuff, check with boat us or overtons

anyone seen a place to get good solid brass grommets in bulk, not the plated ones, they are everywhere.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Chaching-

Did Can Do make a cover for your whole boat? Or just covers for the console etc. I would like a cover that goes over my entire boat, (28' center console). I can pull the boat out and trailer whereever necessary to have it done.

Txfishman

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
cover

Daryl made a cover that covers the entire boat except the t top.
The cover is one piece but zips and velcrose around the four poles of the t top just above the windshield. It really works well. It's a little hard to handle on that big of boat. It is great when I leave my boat in the strage barn down in Venice!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts