2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Club today. Most of the big boys were up at Poco. Had engine trouble so didn't get out of the slip until 5:45. Worked the canyon area. Caught a snake wahoo in the morning. Also, had a small billfish repeatedly knock the snot out of the Pakula rigged over a ballyhoo, but no solid hookup. Bummer. Sure coulda used the points. Things really slowed down out deep. At 1:30 we saw another boat miss a marlin then about 15 minutes later a wahoo went chomping from 1 lure to the next. On the 4th lure he was hooked up. Turned out to be 34 lbs. Nice solid 'hoo. Weighed him in and was in 1st place for about 30 minutes in the club before the Tula weighed in a 41 lb wahoo. Oh well. The blackfin were thick at the 30 fathom line. The Quick Sea caught 33 of them. Kept only 3 and threw the rest back. Next club day is July 31 and August 1. Hopefully we won't have engine trouble again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I sure do wish I was fishing that thing, and caught the wahoo I caught at Sunrise I might have had 1st place mine was close to 50 lb!

here's a pic

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts