2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the Assoc. Press

Wed Jul 28, 7:03 PM ET

Chris Griffin, 31, poses beside the half-ton wild hog he shot near Alapaha, Ga., on Thursday, June 17, 2004. No one keeps official records on hog kills, but Georgia game officials say it is the largest they have ever heard of. Wild hogs, also known as feral hogs, live off the land, damaging crops and wildlife habitat. (AP Photo/River Oak Plantation)

Attachments

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
man thats bigger than the both of us! i wonder if he was bow huntin.... LOL........JJ

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hawaiian Style

Cook a pig in the ground got some beer on ice and all my rowdy friends are comming over tonight!! lol

Drifter

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm

Drifter said:
Cook a pig in the ground got some beer on ice and all my rowdy friends are comming over tonight!! lol

Drifter
it would take a TTMB gathering to eat all of that.......

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
What is it tied to?

must be a crane somewhere as all the trees are in the background. I wonder if he had to pack that thing out of the woods? 1000 pounds, that is some serious eating!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
we shot one one time on our exotic ranch that weighed 1200 lbs...almost never killed it...shot it 4 times in the head with a .300 wthby mag and just ticked him off. with one that big burying it would be the best thing to do...did you see the nut sack on that beast?

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cook for a week, real low temp.......lol........

·
bait chunker n fish yanker
71 Posts
That reminds me of my days as a kid... My uncle had a Hog farm, and I used find his biggest and meanest boar hogs, jump the wall and hop on the back and grab on to hair for the ride of my life... if I ever fell off, it was run for my life! AHH.. the gold old days, full of adrenallin and dumbness! That hog looks like it would have been a hell of a ride even for an adult!

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Here comes the tree hugger in me... why shoot it if you ain't gonna eat it? Couldn't they have just used that old polaroid you know they still have and took a picture?

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
LOL wetluers..

Hey Angler, they are very destructive to property and if they could castrate that beast somehow without killing it it is a possiblility it could live. Also, pigs can and will kill deer, etc.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Angler2407 said:
Here comes the tree hugger in me... why shoot it if you ain't gonna eat it? Couldn't they have just used that old polaroid you know they still have and took a picture?
You know how much damage wild pigs do to a farm? They can root up a freshly planted 40 acre field in no time. Most farms/ranches consider wild pigs a nuisance and are shot on sight. I know one guy that pays a $10 bounty on each pig his lessees kill.

Couple that with the very abundant reprodutive systems pigs have (I think 2 - 3 litters per year is possible, each with up to 10 piglets) and the problem can get out of hand very quickly.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well.....

InfamousJ said:
Hey Angler, they are very destructive to property and if they could castrate that beast somehow without killing it it is a possiblility it could live. Also, pigs can and will kill deer, etc.
only way to caterate a pig that big, is after it ain't breathing.......

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I gotchya. My old man lives near Leakey. He can't tell you what day it is, but he can tell all about his only stress in life...the dang hogs trashin' his garden.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts