2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the recommendations on here i decided to go get one to try it for thanksgiving. Went to home depot and they had it for $139. I had my mom get online and do a quick search and lowes had them for $99. So if anybody is looking for one, they are on clearance at lowes for $99 bucks. pearland was sold out so i ran over to pasadena. they had them marked $139 but it rang up for 99. don't know if it's true but the guy said if the location you go to doesn't have them marked for $99 tell them the other location has them for $99 and they would price match. (fyi- don't know if it's true or not but my wife called bass pro and they said they are supposed to have them for 50-60 bucks on black friday but who in their right mind would go wading into that mess?)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Got me one today and I'm testing it out now.There was only 2 at the lowes in Dickinson-League city

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
I bought one at Lowes also for 99.00 am anxious to try, after I put together I ran for about an hour to burn the paint off, also I usually am not a directions person but did learn that you should cook with screen off unless at the end you want to brown more.

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now run to HEB and get turkeys for .40 cents a pound with $10.00 purchase
Kroger has em for .27/LBS. i went on the way home. that place was a mad house. glad i'm having shrimp and not turkey for thanksgiving. I'm gonna use the cooker for chicken for now.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I got the last one the Lowes in Lake Jackson had today. Can't wait to try it out.

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried it out tonight. All i can say is i never thought there could be anything better then fried chicken, well i was wrong. I hit some chicken legs with some slap yo momma and a little garlic powder and slid em in on the rack and threw 5 potatoes in the bottom coated in a little oil and some sea salt. dats guuuuuud right dere I gurunteeeee. Only downside is the cook time. it was an hour for 7 legs and the taters. but the house didn't get hot, and no oil to get rid of. my wife said she ain't never frying chicken again. if you plan it out and whoever gets home fires it up and get the food cookin diner wouldn't be that long of a wait.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Just ordered mine online for the 99 dollar deal and will pickup at the store (Lowes) this evening. Can't wait to try it out.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Thanks for the tip. We have extra folks coming and I was wondering how I was going to cook an extra turkey. Problem solved.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
$99??? Dang, and I paid $139 at Lowes for mine a few weeks ago. Guess, I got impatient and got it too early. Oh well, I like it anyway. Good deal for $99 though.

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$99??? Dang, and I paid $139 at Lowes for mine a few weeks ago. Guess, I got impatient and got it too early. Oh well, I like it anyway. Good deal for $99 though.
Slip knot, I think Lowes has a 30 day price match. never hurts to ask.

Reactions: Slip

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Thanks Slim, I am going to go in and give it a try. Thanks.

By the way, I did a roast a couple of weeks ago on the Big Easy and didn't use any noticable amount of propane and cooked it around an hour. It is not a huge flame inside so should be good on a moderate amount of propane use.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts