2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Called them (UE) today about our cancelled trip next week they are refunding my money. I asked them if they were going to be running again next year because I wanted to put down a deposit on a trip. He said he wasn't sure what they were going to do about next year yet. No Schedule yet. To me the fact that he had not committed to turning it into a crew boat (as rumored on another thread) was hopeful for me. I do not own a boat and don't know any one with a boat that can make those kinds of trips.
SO I am very hopeful they will be back. It is the most comfortable boat as far as I know on the Gulf Coast. It would be a great loss to me and many others like me (boatless) if they do not return to fishing next year.

I will keep my fingers crossed they will keep on doing what they do best. Catching Fish!! :fish: BWD

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Let's all hope that we get our boats back in the hunt and have a good fall run with them. Some of our best fishing is between now and Christmas. With any luck, Ike didn't kill fishing in Texas, the Big E. included.

·
Dis Member
346 Posts
I am not absolutely sure, but I was told that the boats are okay. The docks and freezer unit suffered damage.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I really hope they come back... I remember my first 52 hour trip was supposed to be a one time thing..well, I ended up doing 3 within a year.

The yft on the left is the last fish I caught on the Big E this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Big E

I spoke to one that use to own the Big E and he said the boat was in La being converted into a dive boat just thought ya'll might want to know. The boat was already in La when Ike hit the gulf coast

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had heard that before, but it turned out that that was just a rumor at the time.

When did you get this info? Who did you talk to?

corndog said:
I spoke to one that use to own the Big E and he said the boat was in La being converted into a dive boat just thought ya'll might want to know. The boat was already in La when Ike hit the gulf coast

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Its true. The boat is in Louisiana being refitted for an extended commercial diving contract right now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
corndog said:
She may be in Louisiana now, but she rode out IKE in Freeport.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I Care, because I don't own a boat. It is one of the fastest most comfortable I have ever rode on. I know a few of you people have sour grapes for their operation, but they have never done me wrong. I only know of one person on this board who was denied boarding. I really don't understand how come that has to effect every one elses enjoyment and fishing? I enjoyed fishing off that boat. Who else has the same accommodations as they do? Speed, size, comfort etc.? I still think they have a first class operation!!:headknock

SkeeterRonnie said:
who cares..... its just a boat.. theres other operations with better customer service.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Hey guys, once again, let's all take the high road. We lost a good fishin' boat, plain and simple. I wish it well in the next stage of its life. Divers need love too, baby.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
SkeeterRonnie said:
who cares..... its just a boat.. theres other operations with better customer service.
Could you point me in direction of the other operations that won't cancel trips in 5-6 foot seas,are less than 60 miles away,have fast boats, and have boats as comfortable as the Big E was?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Like Mont said, take the high road. The Big E was the ONLY boat that fished as far as 250 nm offshore, no other party boat in Texas (or the entire gulf for that matter) had the range or the amenities. When the Cundieffs sold the business last year, I was very surprised the new owner agreed to try and run the party boat business for another year. He had originally bought the dock/office/ and boats to develop a long range recreational diving operation. Now that they have a long term commercial dive contract on the Big E, I would suspect she won't be fishing much, if any, in the future.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts