2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I was on the trip this weekend. Same as before, except they have removed half the tables in the back inside and put in a galley (which I don't particularly care for, as there are now too few tables). But otherwise same boat, many of same crew, and Raul is now captain. Great trip, and good to see her again.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Pretty good overall. I had worst case of Murphy's law ever. I had more cutoffs on this trip than I think I have ever had cumulative since I started tuna fishing. There was some weird Karma going on. This was an open trip, and I still knew about half the people on the boat, from the more "experienced" side of tuna heads. But it was the less experienced guys upon whom the fish gods smiled. One guy limited out, and had one of the biggest if not the biggest, YFT and it was his first trip. It was over 100#. Several other newbies did very well.

I had one YFT, and I think I caught 1,287 blackfin, more or less. It's good to have the Big E back as a reasonable option.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
somewhere around 40-50. Shoulda been more, but like I said, quite a few of us did not bring our "A" game. I lost five high end lures, four to YFT dragging me under the boat very shallow and cutting off. I was even throwing the bail open and running to the other side and they were still hanging me up due to how shallow they were running straight at the boat. Never had that happen before so many times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts