2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first five pictures my brother took on Christmas morning. He was driving around the ranch and found these two bucks locked up and unable to free themselves. He drove back about 1.5 miles to the ranch house to get a saw to try to free them. When he returned he took some pictures and videos of the two bucks. They were unable to free them selves, but eventually seperated on their own as they tried to run away together to get away from my brother.

The next picture is such a shame. We found that deer dead the day after Christmas. He is a typical 12 point with a 22 inch inside spread, and was only 4.5 years old. His horns were so busted up I didn't try to score him.

The next six pictures are of another deer that I found dead on New Year's Day. He is one of the bucks that was locked up one week earlier. He is absolutely incredible. As is and all broken up he gross scored 179 1/8. His G-2's are 15 & 13 inches and both G-3's are 12 inches. His right side has seven typical points and two kickers. If you add his broken brown tine back in he has exactly 90 inches on that side alone.

This deer had only been seen one other time before the fight, and it was off in the distance running a doe. I hope he had a lot of girl friends before his untimely death. At least he was mature, he was 6.5 years old.

Pictures of the big boy to follow...

Attachments

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
Great bucks, Chad. Sorry to hear of the loss, but I'm sure he spread his mass around with the ladies. You've got some great deer and an awesome program running!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Great looking bucks, I'm always impressed with your deer pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts