2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I remember ol Bud Moore(chevy dealer & rice farmer) would sit under the SLP bridge and fish with only big pinfish or pigfish. He would only catch 1 or 2 a day but they were whoppers!

·
Yep...
752 Posts
Gives me more confidence to throw the X-Rap Walk 13

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Chances are that mullet was even bigger at entry! I am a firm believer that bigger baits catch bigger fish, but I also believe that these bigger fish won't pass on a smaller meal if presented right and/or the fish hasn't eaten in a while. Case in point, the gentleman here who recently caught the 29" trout in the surf on a gold spoon. Nice post!

·
Registered
52 Posts
that was tough one opening this thread up with sandwich in hand. i am fishing 7-1/4 and 6-1/4 soft plastic shad/slow sink lure. alot of people shy away from big lures. when fish does hit it, its abit of a rodeo.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have got 3 main baits I have started using not what are working good and are easy to get. 1 the solo. it is easy to throw, & has a big bait profile. 2 King cocahoe minnow for off shore. it is about 8 or 9" long and works great with a few mod's. 3 nameless shad I got at academy off the discontunied island. there were about 15 in the bag and they are the size of a 6" shad are black and silver. they slay trout if they are there.

big bait = big fish but, the key is to keep plugging. you can't expect to catch a bunch of fish on a huge bait and , you cant expect to catch a huge fish on small baits. it does happen but it is not the norm..... IMO

·
GOD BLESS AMERICA
1,441 Posts
I was reading a post on another site , someone got a little action then it turned into chaos , when they got the fish to the boat it was a 28-29 " trout , right before landing the fish she spit out a 10" redfish (the little action) , crazy ...

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
yeah that was on Mark Talasek's site from Matagorda. I have a trip with him in 2 weeks. Hopefully we get on some of that action....but landing the big one instead!

juanpescado said:
I was reading a post on another site , someone got a little action then it turned into chaos , when they got the fish to the boat it was a 28-29 " trout , right before landing the fish she spit out a 10" redfish (the little action) , crazy ...

·
GOD BLESS AMERICA
1,441 Posts
I fished with Mark before deployement , you'll have a good time and some good fishing , he goes to great lengths to find fish and make you happy , good luck ...
Mikew92 said:
yeah that was on Mark Talasek's site from Matagorda. I have a trip with him in 2 weeks. Hopefully we get on some of that action....but landing the big one instead!

·
God is great, beer is good...
507 Posts
Most people don't believe me when I tell them. I almost hate telling people 'cause I sound like a liar, but I caught a 22" trout with a 14" mullet in it's stomach. What amazes me the most is it tried to eat my Super Spook with that in it's stomach! The mullet looked really fresh too. This past Sunday, I caught a 15" trout using about a 10" skipjack for bait. That really through me for a loop.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This came out of a trout that was about 22" I think. Not quite as crazy as some of these others, but I still thought it was pretty cool when I opened her up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts