2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my father calls me and he is mad! He said he passed on a very large 8... he added and added and could not get 150 out of him. My dad is not the type to shoot something he already has on the wall (another 145+ 8 pointer that does not hit 150+).

Well, the reason he was mad (at himself) is another guy on our lease shot the deer yesterday evening. They put the tape to him and he had 27" main beams and scored 161". I am really surprised my dad did not get 150+ out of him. He raises deer for a living now so it is his job to acurately score them on the hoof. I guess thats why he was so pizzed at himself :D.

I told him to send some pictures when he gets back from the lease... I will post them when I get them but they will probably be in Los Cazadores before I get them from my dad.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a 161 2/8" 8 point posted on Los Cazadores.
That is not the one... Heck of a deer though. The one in question was from a low fence place and is not up there yet.

·
Theoretical Ecologist
2,411 Posts
i want pictures of a 161 8 pt.
Can do better than that...

This 8-point whitetail was poached near the town of Cannon Falls, Minnesota in November, 2009. The buck's antlers green-scored 192 B&C, and netted 188". The inside spread was 28-3/8"

The B&C book includes animals killed as far back as 1830 and in that 170-year-plus span, only 34 8-point whitetails have scored 170" or better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts