2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Big 3...cancel, postpone or drive on?

830 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  fishinfella 
#1 ·
I know a fishing tournament is probably last on most folk's minds right now, but a lot of balls are in the air and quite a bit of money has been spent. That being said, should we push forward with our plans to hold the tournament on October 18th, postpone until spring or cancel altogether?

Management at Harborwalk is quite certain the facility will be ready to go by the 18th. Will the folks fishing be ready? Over 360 fished with us last year and we were able to make a very nice donation to Kids Unlimited. Would love to at least match what we did last year. Can that happen now?

I really appreciate everyone's comments. 2cool was a HUGE reason for our success last year and we're counting on your input again this year.

I hope this finds everyone safe and I look forward to hearing from you.

#2 ·
TxAdam said:
I know a fishing tournament is probably last on most folk's minds right now, but a lot of balls are in the air and quite a bit of money has been spent. That being said, should we push forward with our plans to hold the tournament on October 18th, postpone until spring or cancel altogether?

Management at Harborwalk is quite certain the facility will be ready to go by the 18th. Will the folks fishing be ready? Over 360 fished with us last year and we were able to make a very nice donation to Kids Unlimited. Would love to at least match what we did last year. Can that happen now?

I really appreciate everyone's comments. 2cool was a HUGE reason for our success last year and we're counting on your input again this year.

I hope this finds everyone safe and I look forward to hearing from you.
\

Adam,

Have ya'll taken into consideration that the number of boatramps has diminished as a result of the Hurricane?

Also, there may be a possiblity of a Health Advisory in the Galveston Bay System.

Postpone it until ya'll are certain that things are somewhat back to normal.

#3 ·
My $0.02 worth...

IMHO, even if the infrastructure was all repaired tomorrow and things are "back to normal"..the fishing is probably going to be very, very poor for months in that bay system. Certainly the bay will be fresh for months as it was in POC after Claudette - was after the first of the year before we got any real salt to SA bay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.