2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get as far as I wanted to today on the Slot Car Track. I should have it finished along with the Losi Micro-T track by this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
Cool. I dig those F1 cars. I see a plane too! I see you have the hardest part done, setting the stabs. I don't see an engine though, did you get it?

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
justinspeed79 said:
Cool. I dig those F1 cars. I see a plane too! I see you have the hardest part done, setting the stabs. I don't see an engine though, did you get it?
Yes sir and thank you!

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
That looks GREAT Biffster! Nice job on the table! Time to bring it to life now - grass, trees, in-fields, etc. And I see you grabbed the Carrera timer - excellent! I love that thing - it has been the best addition for home racing! Timer, lap counter and even tells you who won. And yes, those F1's are SWEET! Majorly nice details! I've gotta schedule some time and come over and race with ya bro!

PD2:cool:

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PD2 said:
That looks GREAT Biffster! Nice job on the table! Time to bring it to life now - grass, trees, in-fields, etc. And I see you grabbed the Carrera timer - excellent! I love that thing - it has been the best addition for home racing! Timer, lap counter and even tells you who won. And yes, those F1's are SWEET! Majorly nice details! I've gotta schedule some time and come over and race with ya bro!

The good thing is, now I can run whenever I want. Work keeps getting in the way of racing RC and since no one races when I am free, Im outa luck. So I build my own tracks! :D

Im not sure what Ill do as far as scenery goes yet. I like the white because it reflects the light making the cars easier to see. I am going to do the wetherstriping trick around the turns though. Maybe some trees, but I dont think Ill do grass.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea. Andy and I were running the red F1 car since its the fastest. His best time was 2.57 seconds and mine was 2.58. On a 20' track, what would the MPH be? Im coming up with 480 but that dont sound right.

I took the body off the red car and was turning 2.39 seconds. lol

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Okay, so 1/43 for trains is zero scale, and I thought HO was 1/2 that? Is it different for cars? I have 2 HO scale Shelby Cobras stashed away and a 1/32 IRL car, but no 1/43. Might need to scare up a newHO scale track, the Cobras are cool.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
cjtamu said:
Okay, so 1/43 for trains is zero scale, and I thought HO was 1/2 that? Is it different for cars? I have 2 HO scale Shelby Cobras stashed away and a 1/32 IRL car, but no 1/43. Might need to scare up a newHO scale track, the Cobras are cool.
The SCX 43rd scale is alot better than HO scale in every way! That set up I have right there is $99.99 at Target.

http://www.target.com/SCX-Compact-Formula-2008-Racing/dp/B001COX0UU/sr=1-3/qid=1223394975/ref=sr_1_3/602-3513527-9307825?ie=UTF8&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1038576&rh=k%3Aslot%20cars&page=2

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Do they race 1/43 at HSARC? I though you were racing there and I thought they were all 1/32?

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cjtamu said:
Do they race 1/43 at HSARC? I though you were racing there and I thought they were all 1/32?
I havent raced there. Their schedule doesnt work for me. But yea, they run 32nd and 24th scale.

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
Gary said:
The good thing is, now I can run whenever I want. Work keeps getting in the way of racing RC and since no one races when I am free, Im outa luck. So I build my own tracks! :D

Im not sure what Ill do as far as scenery goes yet. I like the white because it reflects the light making the cars easier to see. I am going to do the wetherstriping trick around the turns though. Maybe some trees, but I dont think Ill do grass.
Actually, I think that is a good idea. I've steered clear of any of the darker colored cars because of the black track sections. Many guys have remedied this by painting the track sections light grey. Not a bad idea, but it puts a totally different traction on the track which means changing tires to something that will grip. Makes it interesting I'm sure for all new cars that you get for racing.

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
Scales Comparison

From Smallest to biggest - HO (which should be 1/64, but is sometimes larger or smaller - sometimes it comes out being 1/87), 1/43, and 1/32. Take a look at the pics attached to see the scale differences.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts