2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Ive been selling a few things on E-bay. Most people pay with paypal which has always been great. Recently, well about a month and a half ago, I sold an outdrive from one of my motors off of my boat. Transaction smooth as usual. Well Friday, I get an e-mail from paypal. The guy who had purchased the outdrive used a company credit card and the company is mad. I understand them being mad and wanting their money back. I look at my account and it says Balance: -$600.00. I do not keep money in my account for this reason. I dont trust anyone. I have no product back so basicly they are trying to steal $600.00 from me. They said on the phone that I have a verified account so I should be covered under the Seller Protection Plan, what a crock. They asked for the tracking number, I gave it to them for investigation. I shipped the drive through AAA Cooper Transportation and it was arranged to be picked up at the dock at AAA Cooper Terminal in Greenville SC. They said it had to be delivered to the recipients address to be covered. Im not out any money because after getting the investigation notice, I withdrew all money from my bank account, but it has been a big bunch of ****, Im closing this band account and opening another. They say they aren't supposed to touch money in your bank account unless you authorize it, well, this hombre aint taking any chances with my $600.00. It wouldn't be so bad if they would give me my drive back. They say thats not in their controll. I am closing my PayPal account account and will continue to tell everyone I know about this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the most part, Paypal is a great service for transactions. It is definately the most user friendly way to accept credit card payments without being a large-scale merchant. It is also one of the easiest ways to scam people such as in your case. I have sold quite a few things through Ebay, but will only accept large payments through Paypal in which all of the Seller Protection criteria are met.

What I don't understand is why you are having problems with this payment. From what I understand, if a credit card is used for payment and the transaction is cleared through Paypal, they have no authority to remove this credit from your account. Bascically, once the money is in your hands, you "own" it. The bank (Paypal) and the buyer can scream and throw a fit all they want but they have absolutely no grounds to take it back.

that sucks that it happened to you that way, but I would definately not discredit paypal for the problem. good luck in the future!

-Cheers-
Mr. Champ

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PayPal is definitely getting discredited for this. I will run them down to everyone I see. My standing account is -$600.00. If I were you Id check on the Seller Protection Plan. I thought I was covered. I am verified, had a tracking number and etc. No, I wasn't covered. I have called several times and get the same answers, I had the item delivered to the loading dock of AAA Cooper for the buyer to pick up. AAA Cooper says it was picked up by the buyer. I have the Tracking number. They said that it wasn't delivered to the Address that is on the PayPal account so it is void. The buyer used his company's credit card. Take up for PayPal and use them if you want, but this is fair warning. I have used them for about a year with smooth transactions, now I got burnt. I learned my lesson.

·
Registered
213 Posts
thats stupid. most companies/businesses i know of will just deduct the amount from their employee's next paycheck. do you know what company this is, we should boycott them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts