2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Yet another Costa dissatisfied customer. These threads are appearing often and it's not just a coincidence. Reputation is hard to regain after it's damaged.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my time with costa is quickly coming to an end. I had to buy a nose piece that broke.
maui jim has slowly been taking over now and have had exchanges with no problem.
on top of that Maui also gives an awesome first responder discount.

·
Jeremiah 29:11
5,793 Posts
Costa is no longer a U.S. company. It was bought in 2014 by Essilor, a French company that in 2018 merged with Italian company Luxottica. The company also licensed brands Ray-Ban and Oakley.
That is a big enough reason for me to no longer do business with them. I had a pair of them with 580G green lens and wore the hell out of them until I got presciption glasses... They were awesome. However, they are now in about 30-40ft of water on Stillhouse Hollow Reservoir thanks to a buddy of mine that wanted to wear them while we were fishing out there a few years ago.. lol

·
One day at a time!!
812 Posts
My biggest problem with Maui Jim is the quality of the lenses. I have had the lenses replaced at my cost twice in the last 3 years and they are back there now for the third time. Their customer service is great, they just do not have the same durability that the Costa glass lenses have. I treat both the same way and have never had the same scratches on my Costa's. I keep replacing them though because I really like the frames.

I haven't had to send a pair of Costas in to be repaired in the last year, but all of my experiences with them have been positive and always receive a new pair in return. I broke a temple piece on my Maui Jim's once and they came back the original pair I sent, which I know because the lenses were scratched lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My biggest problem with Maui Jim is the quality of the lenses. I have had the lenses replaced at my cost twice in the last 3 years and they are back there now for the third time. Their customer service is great, they just do not have the same durability that the Costa glass lenses have. I treat both the same way and have never had the same scratches on my Costa's. I keep replacing them though because I really like the frames.

I haven't had to send a pair of Costas in to be repaired in the last year, but all of my experiences with them have been positive and always receive a new pair in return. I broke a temple piece on my Maui Jim's once and they came back the original pair I sent, which I know because the lenses were scratched lol.
This is my experience with the Maui Jim's. They are just not as durable and the fix is expensive through customer service. On the other hand...I sent in a pair of Costas recently that were plastic and they sent me back a pair of glass lenses. Maybe because the old pair had been discontinued and they only offer a small selection to choose from for replacement. IdK.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts