2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
i'm going to have to call bs on that one. how in the heck does one get those lights out on the very tips of the branches on those big trees?

that has to be at least partially photoshopped, but it's a nice pic, though.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
I'd like to see the installation. SOB. And I thought those mermaids were cool I saw this morning in Kemah. B&P

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
i'm going to have to call bs on that one. how in the heck does one get those lights out on the very tips of the branches on those big trees?

I have to disagree with you. MC, next time you're in Houston, travel down Inwood in River Oaks. There are several houses decorated like this, only about 10x the size. They have the trees wrapped all the way to the tips of the branches. Its really a site to see.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Its not BS, I live in the neighborhood & this is the 2nd year in row this guy has gone all out, he even added more stuff this year. Also, all those lights are LED which helps his meter slow down a little bit... No photoshop at all going on it that pix

·
Charter Member
5,936 Posts
Here's the exif info on the picture posted above.

Note: I don't know who took this picture.

# Camera Make = Canon
# Camera Model = Canon EOS 40D
# Picture Orientation = normal (1)
# Last Modified Date/Time = 2008:12:12 20:04:29

Exif Sub IFD

* Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/15 second ===> 0.06667 second
* Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 35/10 ===> ƒ/3.5
* ISO Speed Ratings = 800
* Original Date/Time = 2008:12:12 19:00:36
* Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 262144/65536
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/16 second
* Aperture Value (APEX) = 237568/65536
Aperture = ƒ/3.51
* Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
* Focal Length = 18/1 mm ===> 18 mm
* Image Width = 3768 pixels
* Image Height = 2406 pixels

So, it was taken Dec 12, 2008 with a Canon 40D, ISO 800, 18mm lens, no flash, 1/16th second shutter speed at F/3.5

I recall an article posted by the Strobist, David Hobby, on this subject. check it out.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/12/how-to-photograph-christmas-lights.html

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts

No BS. I went by this one last year. He rents a scissor lift for hanging the lights and then retires it to the back yart to hold the Santa sled and deer! It is crazy! Catch it right, they will serve you hot coco and a candy cane!

No beer, but hey I did ask!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just got back from the house at Briarforest and Seglier. It is incredible. No photoshop here. The pics are real. I got to meet the owner and I ask him abut the electricity and he said that the 250,000+ lights "do make the meter spin". If you can make it by the house you need to do so. it is cool. He said that he started doing this three years ago and next year may be in jeperday because of neighbors and the HOA. Cool house! Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts