2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dis Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a hypothetical question. If you could only have two blue water rods, what would they be? Tell me about your real life rods or your dream rods.
Type?
Construction material?
Features?
Weight?
Length?
What would you expect to pay for them?

·
Most Non Funny
1,833 Posts
Calstar 700H custom spinner w/ an Accurate TwinSpin w/ 50lb Braid for all porpose
&
Penn International 6" 80lb rod w/ Penn International 80 2 speed w/ 80lb mono for trolling

but I have absolutely minimal experience and that is what I would own if faced w/ that question

·
Site Sponsor
573 Posts
My favorite rods are the 15 and 25 kg precision rods. I have only found one blank that compares to them. They have a huige lift and fast action that is not steped. Light and strong. Two piece and aftco rollers. The two rods would cost about 1400.00 to replace them. They are a professional tournament grade rod.

You don't need a rod like this but I like them and that was the question. I like tyo know the kids will fight over my stuff when I am gone. LOL
Oh yeah, nothing but Everol reels touch my rods. Sure they are a bit heavier but so are the fish I'm after......BigMike

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kencor Zebra (Graphite and glass)6'6", 50-80# conventional, with Fuji SIC guides, Aftco reel seat and Gimbal.
Blank will cost you about $200 or more plus guides, reel seat and labor. My favorite 50# bait/chunk rod.

Seeker CJBF70H, (graphite and glass) 7" rated for 30-50 but more like a 50# rod,

conventional, with SIC giudes, Aftco seat and labor will set you back about $300 or more. This my all around rod, use it for casting popper, jigging, and bait fishing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think I would have to pick a shortstroker Ian Miller Rod with the new WT guides for stand up fishing. For trolling I would pick an Ian Miller hi leverage trolling Rod with the WT guides. Bad thing is the price. About 3400.00 for the two rods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts