2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been done before in the history of 2cool, but here goes anyway...

If you only had one lure to throw in the surf, what would it be? And what line would you use?

Me-Johnson sprite silver spoon, 17lb fluorocarbon.

·
Taking shots at fish
2,240 Posts
Fun thinking about a surf wade on the first of February. It was always exciting when a big skitterwalk was working. Line, 30 pound braid, about 3 feet of 20 pound fluorocarbon leader and hope the sharks leave it alone.

·
Registered
14,414 Posts
Another vote for a Sprite spoon, or shrimp tails on 1/4 oz jig heads, maybe a DOA, or a clown Mirror-o-lure, and some other ones. I can't get it down to one.
Okay, a gold spoon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Eddie Douglas Special is about the only thing I throw in the surf. After getting those **** treble hooks stuck in my hands the past two (2) seasons I went to single hooks.

Late,
Cox

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes if I was stranded on a island with one choice of lure, it would be a gold spoon
I would agree if I was stranded somewhere and only had one lure. A spoon or hard plastic doesn't have to be replaced after catching several fish like a shrimptail does.

But if i had to use only one lure from this point forward it would be a shrimptail with a 1/4 ounce jighead.

Best lure ever for inshore salt water species.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Pink & chrome she dog if the current and waves aren’t strong. When it is strong your paddle tail wants to swim sideways, that’s when I go to a Big Nasty plastic due to the profile being flush. Normally keep a spoon pre tied with a wire leader & swivel in case the Mack’s and blues show up.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Its odd. Spoons always lead these polls but I seldom see people throwing them .

Id take am 808 nose job mirrolure as long as I had an unlimited supply

·
Shark Hunter
37 Posts
I'm partial to a silver spoon over gold but either will work. The spoons are winning right now at the surfside jetties, Spanish and Jacks are hitting them hard!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts